Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games that need to be translated

I would like to see Princess Minerva translated. I...haven't gotten far...9 times out of 10, I just guessed what to do, but that only goes so far. I'd love to be able to understand what's going on.
    Tell someone there are 400 billion stars in the sky and they'll believe you. Tell someone a bench has wet paint and they just have to touch it.

This message has been brought to you by Star Lancer.

I'd like TacticsOgre translated, simply because I don't want to spend $50 on the PSX version :-/

Also would like to see these:
    Albert Odessey 1&2
    Brandish 2
    Their were a few others that I liked,... forgotten their strange names though...

Star Ocean is fully translated, dunno if I'm allowed to link to it, so if I am, tell me and I'll give you a link. It's not a patch, dunno if it'll work with the grafix packs that are on the DeJap site, cause I use the snes9X emulator to play it.
    Last edited by Elmdor; 08-03-2004 at 03:03 AM.
    Great Comic Based Fanfic/RPG Site

Questing For: Archer & Armstrong #4

"Everything the wise woman learned she wrote in a book, and when the pages were black with ink, she took white ink and began again"
    -Karn, Silver Golem

I personally want to see Hybrid Wrestler translated.
    The Mind's Basement - Home of a site coded by a chair, a crappy undone sprite comic, and some funny.

Igatona is your resident grooveologist! If you need a groove fixed, or advice on a groove, come see the resident grooveologist!

For the Light, Bitch. Izlude1984's Avatar
    I'd like to see enterbrain get off their lazy asses and translate some of the GOOD "makers" from thier series. Like 2d Fighter Maker 2nd Round... orrr Legit copies of RPGMaker 2k,2k3,and XP

But it'll probably never happen, cause the shitty ones that they sent over here flopped hard core... EG- RPGMaker for the PSX.
    Lightforge, lol

All this time, and I never said what game I wanted to see most. Dragon Quest 3r. 3 was always my favorite of the DQs, but I never finished it. When I got the 'net way back when, I figured I'd hold off on playing the NES ROM because people were working on 3r.

I have great hopes for RPG One on this one. Let them take as long as they want, and need.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    -Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

I'd have to say Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079. Simply cuz its Gundam, and Gundam rocks.

Oh yeah, did I mention there's a shrine for it? :P

Twilight Translations - We own you.
    Twilight Translations: The Blog - Hot syrupy sweet lovin' awaits.

This message brought to you by Aunt Jemima Pancake Syrup and Mix.

Carefree Bomb
    Lufia II, in other words Mystic Ark.
    There is a project to translate going on right now but the people working on it have a bunch of other projects they're working on already. Oh well, one day!

EDIT: Sorry I meant 7th Saga II
    Last edited by Derktar; 08-09-2004 at 08:29 PM.
    When cities burn and armies turn,
    and flee in disarray.
    Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day.
    But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,
    It is better to have fought and lost than not to have fought at all.

-Verse from the Talamactra.

...you mean 7th Saga II, right?

Lufia II came out in america man? You dure it's not being translated from English?
    Great Comic Based Fanfic/RPG Site

Questing For: Archer & Armstrong #4

"Everything the wise woman learned she wrote in a book, and when the pages were black with ink, she took white ink and began again"
    -Karn, Silver Golem

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals was indeed translated officially. 7th Saga II: Mystic Ark wasn't.

So Mystic Ark is 7th Saga II after all... I knew it had something to do with 7th Saga, since the graphics and battle system were so similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguePaladinTrian
    All this time, and I never said what game I wanted to see most. Dragon Quest 3r. 3 was always my favorite of the DQs, but I never finished it. When I got the 'net way back when, I figured I'd hold off on playing the NES ROM because people were working on 3r.

I have great hopes for RPG One on this one. Let them take as long as they want, and need.
    Uh, just play the Gameboy Color version. It's the same thing as the Super Famicom version (but with downgraded graphics). Although, I will admit, the graphics in the Super Famicom version of DQ3r are very, very nice. But it's Dragon Quest... who cares about the graphics?

Back on topic, I'm really, really anxious to see Arabian Nights finished. I'm extremely pleased that progress is being made on it.

I'm back, baby

I just can't bring myself to play the GBC version. I don't know what it is, because almost by definition a DQ-lover isn't a graphics whore. I just love the 16-bit vibe, I guess. Plus, I figure I'll map out DQ3r SNES when it comes out like I mapped DQ1&2r (or, at least most of 2. Just need to finish the Cave to Rhone and then do the final tower. The Cave to Rhone's a bitch.).
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    -Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Carefree Bomb

Thumbs up 2 Super Famicom games

1. Monster Maker 3 and............2. Dual Orb 1--- would like to see both of these in English as i have played the Japanese Super Famicom versions
    If you want to chat with me about SNES RPG'S (especially FF5, Dragon Quest 5, Lufia 2, Chrono Trigger,Breath of Fire 1 &2) my aol screename is jazzgirl1920s.You can put me on your buddy list and contact me on line- i would like to know if any member has any of the FF5 Japanese trading cards which were released about the same time as the video game- i bought a few packs and would like to hear from anyone else who has them- will provide a scan of them if you e-mail me- jazzgirl1920s@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by dragonquester
    1. Monster Maker 3 and............2. Dual Orb 1--- would like to see both of these in English as i have played the Japanese Super Famicom versions
    I wouldn't be surprised if NightCrawler would work on Dual Orb 1 since he translated the second part.

I'll tell you the meaning of life: It's not to live, but to die.
    - Norther

I wonder what happened to the people that were working on a translation for Super Chinese 3? Maybe people could also try translating the unreleased Super Chinese games...well, aside from Super Chinese Fighter EX.

...I'll be quiet now.

lifematrix

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dragonquester View Post
    I would have really liked to see Monster Maker 3 translated. And some people have been asking for this for years now. But I don't believe it has been done yet. Maybe never?

Sexy Beach. That DEFINATELY needs to be translated. =3
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/PWN_Forums/index.php?
    Young man.
    There's no need to feel down, I said Young man.
    Pick yourself off the ground, i said Young man! Cause you're in a new town!
    There's no need to be unhappy.
    Young man, There's a place you can go.
    I said, young man. When you're short on your dough, you can stay there.
    And I'm sure you will find, many ways to have a good time.
    It's fun to stay at the P-WN-FORUMS!
    They have everything! For young men to enjoy! You can hang out with all the boys!
    You can get yourself clean! You can have a good meal! You can do whatever you feel!

Thread Information