Thread: Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

It's been a while... but this is some of the best news I've heard in a long time! :)

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/gam...06-gurl25.html

Anyone played this? Any thoughts?

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    Sadly, I went and preordered the Switch version but forgot to preorder the Switch. So now I'm sitting on a game that I can't play until summer at the earliest and am dodging spoilers/news embargoing all over the place.
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Once a Great Tit, Always a Great Tit Skankin' Garbage's Avatar
    The menu interface is seriously awful, and weapon degradation is just plain not-fun-ever and I don't understand why it exists. That being said, I am having a lot of fun. I'd recommend it - I'm really picky and I'm still enjoying it, in spite of the fact that I typically don't like open-world exploration-type games at all, so with those in mind, I guess the game must be pretty good.

All my diggaz say WHAT!?

Spoiler: Magic (still) ROCKS!

http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/26/08)

Oh dear, you've failed to kill me. Want to try again? cait sith's Avatar
    I've been having a lot of fun with the game. I will say that I wasn't to keen on the introduction of voice acting at first. Just seems to draw more attention to the fact that Link isn't allowed to say anything besides grunts. But I've since warmed up to it. The weapon degradation thing is a pain in the ass, although I did find a pretty useful work around though Since it seems you can use as many amiibos as you want during a day.
    cait sith says
    love, peace,and chicken grease
    hee hee
    <('.'<) <( '.' )> (>'.')>
    dancing kirby

The scepter keeps the goth kids away.

Bringing booblights back in style Zero's Avatar
    While early on I found weapons broke a bit too fast, now that I'm solidly in the power level 20+ or bust weapon range and I expanded my inventory a few times, the durability issues are far less annoying. I'm not super fond of them, but I understand the NEED for it since you could otherwise Metal Gear Solid your way in Hyrule Castle with 3 hearts and snag some pretty epic royal grade weapons with minimal resistance.

The scenery is beautiful and the feeling of exploring the unknown is great. I'm 15+ hours in (I think? Is there a clock somewhere) and can't wait to play more tonight.
    Typical undead flirting: Roses are Gray. Violets are Gray. I'm DEAD and COLORBLIND.
    I used to be schizophrenic, but we're okay now. - Fei, after Xenogears

11!!!3gass3ml4n1m1lbus
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity."
    - Albert Einstein

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Weiila: Huzzah! Another game I'll be able to play with my toes while drunk!

The Greatest Defender of Freedom and Liberty on These Boards The 984's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The scenery is beautiful and the feeling of exploring the unknown is great. I'm 15+ hours in (I think? Is there a clock somewhere) and can't wait to play more tonight.
    From what I've read, neither BotW nor the Switch have total gameplay times.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 984 View Post
    From what I've read, neither BotW nor the Switch have total gameplay times.
    It also doesn't have multiple save slots (a couple of quicksave slots, but if you're playing on the Wii U, you only get the one save, and the Switch is limited to one save per profile).

That being said, I did eventually get the Wii U version of the game (once I finally got to try it via the Switch). I also beat it recently (though sadly you can't quite do it without at least treading some ground past the Great Plateau since you simply can't hold enough weapons to fight through all of Ganon's forms, even with all the Hyrule Castle swag; also Spoiler: Ganon's fourth form will oneshot your ass at 3 or 4 hearts and under the effects of a defensive or electric resist dish).
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Thread Information