Thread: Looking for a game like Mordor: the Depths of Dejenol

Coondog Aficionado redturtle806's Avatar

Looking for a game like Mordor: the Depths of Dejenol

I loved this game. You got to create your own party, it was turn-based dungeon crawling at its finest, had semi-perma death and was pretty hard. Problem is now my only PC is a lappy with windows 7-64 bit and specs that are decent at best; getting Mordor to run is a pain in the ass. Anyone know of any rpgs like this? I played dragon quest ix and wizardry 4 pretty recently and I loved those too. Ive got a 3ds and can emulate anything up to psx if that helps.

Have you looked into roguelikes? Nethack, dcss, adom etc.

edit: Though you don't get to design a party. On the other hand Etrian Odyssey I,II,III for the DS is along these lines (3DS compatible).
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

Coondog Aficionado redturtle806's Avatar
    Hmm I haven't played any of the Etrian Oddessy games i might pick one of those up. As for nethack hell ya I dont even know how many hours ive wasted playing that game, i even made a VB script the let me "save".

Thread Information