Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Hunters

Shadow Hunters

All over the world, hidden behind the cars, people, lights and noises there are people wanting to go by unnoticed. These people are Shadow Hunters. They track down demons-another one of the races hidden- under an invisible glamour, killing them to protect the humans.

Demons are parasites, that travel between dimensions, killing and wiping everything out in their paths, which includes humans, Downworlders and Shadow Hunters. They come in many shapes and forms, with different lifespans and powers, different poisons and different methods in which they must be killed. Most of them are poisonous, which the healing rune is ineffective against. There are an infinite amount of types of Demons, lesser and greater. The greater ones require masses of skilled and experienced Shadow Hunters to kill them. A Warlock can easily heal poison from the Demons, but will probably charge a price.

Demons are part of the reason Shadow Hunters were even created, the other part was the Downworlders.
    Downworlders are creatures that are human-demon hybrids. They are not necessarily evil but can be. "Downworlder" is a generic name for the children of the moon (Werewolves), the children of the night (Vampires), the children of Lilith (Warlocks) and the children of Lylic (the Fair Folk, or Faeries). Downworlders cannot be Marked with runes. They are all generally stronger, faster and have better reflexes then normal humans.

Werewolves can be either born or turned by another wolf. They can shift on will though the younger they are the harder it is. They have to turn at the full moon. They can be killed with silver and have a natural aversion to it, trying to avoid it as much as possible. Werewolves and Vampires are enemies.

Vampires are turned, with a process that involves the victim drinking from a Vampire, then being killed and feeding again to complete the process. They have to be buried so they can claw their way out of the grave before they feed and complete the transition. They die if they cannot dig themselves out. They can hide their fangs and unsheathe them when needed. They can control their pray when strong. They are resistant to garlic and can see themselves in mirrors. But they cannot go out in Sunlight as it will burn them to ashes and holy symbols of whatever religion they were before turning will burn them too.

Fair Folk or Faeries have angel blood mixed with demon blood which makes them extremely cunning. They reside in the Faerie Realm, within the Seelie court. They are ruled over by a queen. To enter the Seelie court in a city you must go into a body of water in the part they reside where the moon is shining on the surface - under the water you will gain entrance into the court.
    If you drink or eat any of their food then you cannot leave Seelie Court unless the Queen let's you leave. You must be born a faerie, you cannot be turned.

Warlocks are Downworlders who are spellcasters. They can change shape (Those born from a shape shifting demon) and are immortal. They are the offspring of Humans and Demons and often called Lilith's Children. Many Warlocks tend to have unnatural body parts such as bat wings, goat feet, lizard tails, scaled hands or cat eyes. Which can be glamoured to make them seem fully human. You must be born a Warlock, and they cannot have children.

Then, there are the Shadow Hunters.

The race of the Nephilim was created a thousand years ago when the Angel Raziel shared his blood with the first Shadowhunter, Jonathan. The task he set the race is to rid the world of demons and to maintain the peace between Downworlders. They must obey the Clave (their system of government), as well as the laws given to them by the Angel Raziel that are found in the Grey Book. Nephilim use a tool called a stele to mark runes on their body. These runes are what make the Shadowhunters stronger than regular humans. The closer to the heart a rune is drawn, the more powerful it is. They can also use Glamour to hide themselves from Humans...
    They have a secret country called Idris but most Nephilim live in Institutes everywhere around the world where they are stationed to fight off Demons. Most Shadow Hunters are trained from a young age how to use weapons and can fight fairly well, they are taught Latin and runes from the Grey book.

Idris is the Shadowhunter home country located between Germany and France. Its capital is Alicante, also called the Glass City.
    Wardings have been put up over all its borders so that if humans try to cross into it, they are instantly transported from one border to the next and therefore few humans know about it. Most Shadowhunters grow up there, but once they become eighteen, they may travel on their own to kill demons.

Equipment:

Most Shadow Hunters have been trained to use and probably own the following;

Stele: The item used to draw runes on their own or someone elses skin. They're not personal and are disposed of and replaced easily.
    Sensor: Used to tell if demonic activity has happened in the area.
    Seraph Blades: Powerful blades that will go up in flame if given the name of an angel before battle.
    Daggers: To be used if all else fails.
    Shadow Hunter Gear: They generally wear tough leather clothes when going out to kill a demon, filled with plenty of places to put weapons and it protects them.

[Half the stuff I got off the TMI wikia, so if its too much, I'm sorry xD))

In this RP we will be concentrating on the Institute in London, England, one of the many institutes where Shadow Hunters stay.

[ShadowHunter form, delete everything in brackets]

Name:
    Proffered Name:
    History: (Doesn't have to be much, just general stuff like were they brought up to live as a shadowhunter in Idris or were they brought up as humans and have only recently discovered they're Shadow Hunters)
    Strength: (Could be fighting with weapons etc)
    Weakness: (Could be drawing Runes etc)
    Looks: (Picture/Description)
    Looks Other: (If a picture is there anything that you'd like to note down that isn't in the picture.)
    Family: (Brothers and sisters, parents, cousins etc that you have left behind or are travelling with.)
    Other: (Anything else I forgot...)

[Downworlder form]

Full Name:
    Proffered Name:
    Species: [Faerie, Werewolf, Vampire, Warlock]
    Turned/Born: [In the case of werewolves]
    Pack/Coven: [Werewolves/Vampires]
    Looks: [Picture/Description]
    Looks other: [If picture anything else you'd like to put in]
    Family: [Brothers and sisters, parents, cousins etc that you have in the same pack/coven or are living with]
    Other: [Anything else I forgot]

My Characters:

Name: "Adaia [Ah-day-ah] Abby Howard"
    Proffered Name: "Adaia or Day,"
    History: Adaia, her parents and Nathan moved out of Idris when she was nine, and her parents began to run the insitute a while later while her father trained her and Nathan.
    Strength: "Probably fighting without weapons, I have no idea why everyone insists on using blades. I can draw runes really fast too,"
    Weakness: "Fighting with weapons. I'm crap at it,"
    Looks: Adaia has natural almost black hair that falls just before her elbows, which is usually tied up in a ponytail. She has fair skin and dark blue eyes. She's rather slim, but her the muscles in her arms and legs are well developed, due to her training. Her height is 5'4, which can make her look a lot younger than she actually is.

Looks Other: She has the white faded marks that every Shadowhunter marked with runes has, and one stud in each ear, as her parents wouldn't allow anymore.
    Family: "Well, there's my mum, dad and my cousin Nathan."
    Other: Adaia is left handed, making it difficult for her to use weapons properly, as most of them were designed to be held by right handed people.

Name: "Nathan Fox,"
    Proffered Name: "Just Nathan, though I use Howard as my last name."
    History: Nathan and his parents didn't get along, so when his Aunt and Uncle decided to move out of Idris, he went with them, letting his uncle continue the training his own father had started.
    Strength: "I'm particularly fast, even for a Shadow Hunter."
    Weakness: "Cannot draw to save my life...no pun intended on that either."
    Looks: Nathan has chocolate brown hair that's cut short and spiked up, with the same color eyes to match. He's rather tall at 6'3 and he too is well muscled, though his arms are covered with battle scars where he has not been so careful. He too has an ivory skin tone, though he tans quickly in the rare sun. http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...+Rheon+png.png
    Looks Other: Nathan has the usual white scars that come with bearing runes.
    Family: "I don't talk to my parents, I haven't seen any of my brothers since they left home at eighteen. My Aunt, Uncle and Adaia are my family too."
    Other: Nathan seems to be able to get animals to understand him, often persuading some bird to send a message for him.

Name:
    "Damon Young,"
    Proffered Name: "Damon, or whatever else you wanna call me,"
    History: Damon was brought up away from Idris, though he was trained from a young age.
    When he was orphaned at 17 he was sent to stay with members of the Clave until he was 18,
    then he was sent to the institute to stay as the last member of the Clave he stayed with was good friends with Adaia's parents.
    He's been staying at the institute for a while now.
    Strength: "This probably sounds like I'm full of myself, but I'm amazing with a blade."
    Weakness: "I would probably die without a weapon. 'Nuff said,"
    Looks: Damon has an unusual combination of black hair and blue eyes, wearing his hair to just under his shoulder and he is around average height at 5'11. He has a medium tan that hasn't faded from when he grew up in California. He looks a little older than his age, probably passing for around 20.
    Looks Other: Damon rarley wears runes in visable places, so his arms are almost bare of the usual scars.
    Family: "My mother and father died fighting a clan of Vampires. My older sister wants nothing to do with me, due to a row she had with my mom before she left."
    Other: Damon is technically under the care of Adaia's parents, though he's classed as an adult.

Full Name: "Michael Street,"
    Proffered Name: "Michael, or Mike..."
    Age: "I look about Nineteen, maybe twenty. I was born in 1890. Work it out."
    Species: Warlock
    Turned/Born:
    Pack/Coven:

Looks: Micheal has cat like blue eyes and several rows of teeth, a usual occourance in Warlocks. His skin has a blueish tint to it, and his cropped hair is a silvery-blue. He's around 5'9 and is rather slim. Looks other:
    http://www.eyesbright.com/images/pro.../blue-cats.jpg
    Family: "My mother died of old age, and my father was killed by a Shadow hunter."
    Other: Micheal occasionally works with Shadowhunters, but otherwise will stay clear of them.
    Last edited by Pheonix-; 07-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    “They've promised that dreams can come true - but forgot to mention that nightmares are dreams, too.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

What Doesnt Kill Me Will Only Make Me Stronger Vampire-Apprentice's Avatar
    ((can i join))

((Yup though my info isn't going to be up for a while xD))
    “They've promised that dreams can come true - but forgot to mention that nightmares are dreams, too.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

((cool))

Name: Toni Shay
    Proffered Name: Toni
    History: She was born in Idis unlike heer cousin Diater, who subssequently is a vampire, and she was taught by her father
    Strength: Fighting with weapons
    Weakness: She isnt strong
    Looks: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...-blue-eyes.jpg
    Looks Other:
    Hey eyes
    http://www.badgersden.com/Store/imag.../venus_ice.gif
    Family: She is travelling with her cousin and she left her parents behind
    Other: She has bites in her neck from when she got to close to Diater

Full Name: Diater Shay
    Proffered Name: Diater (pronounded Dee-ter) will be fine
    Species: Im a vampire
    Turned/Born:
    Pack/Coven: I dont really have one
    Looks: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...G3u6S2LVTQ&t=1
    Looks other:
    his eyes: http://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=545877
    Family: I dont have parents but I travel with my cousin i tend to keep out of sight since my last unfortunate encounter of killing my parents
    Other: I have a scar near where my heart should be and I also wear sunglasses to hide the colour of his eyes because they can get scary at times
    Last edited by Vampire-Apprentice; 04-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.

((My info's posted xD))
    ― Oscar Wilde

((cool))

((I think Fruit's posting hers soon, but we can start if you want,))
    Last edited by Pheonix-; 04-29-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    ― Oscar Wilde

((its up to you phoenix its your rp))

When life gives you lemons throw them back and demand oranges Fruit-Pastilles's Avatar
    ((POST - x3))

((MEGA BASICS! lol, it might take me weeks until this are full...))

Name: Aim Dayshaw / Tali’Zorah nar Rayya Tali
    ShadowHunters
    Looks:
    Aim –

Tali -

Other: The two are related, however they have different fathers. Tali took on the name of her father, Aim his. Tali is mute, due to an accident with a downworlder that she refuses to elaborate about.

Name: Saskia Irelan / Jadon Irelan / Nicolai Montieth
    Species: Faerie / Faerie / Werewolf
    Looks:
    Saskia -

Jadon –

Nicolai –

Other: Saskia and Jadon are obviously brother and sister. Nicolai knows them only through association. The siblings can be very tricky, and love to cause mischief.
    Last edited by Fruit-Pastilles; 04-30-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    "Depression is like trying to peel a potato with another potato its not fun it doesn't work and you just wanna cry."

((I'm not bothered about the basics thing xD + we can start now xD))
    ― Oscar Wilde

((cool))

Diater and Toni
    were on a patch of grass training unlike his cousin diater was skilled in hand-to-hand combat whilst toni was better than him at using weapons and the sun kept reflecting off diaters shades blinding toni in the face

When life gives you lemons throw them back and demand oranges Fruit-Pastilles's Avatar
    Aim and Tali were sat in a bar, mostly for Downworlders, despite the time of day. Aim was ordering the drinks, and Tali would down them one after the other. They were at their own table, the others too apprehensive to approach, especially because of the hostile air surrounding them. Tali had her feet kicked up on the table, Aim was slouched in his seat, letting it swing on two legs. Both looked bored, and uninterested.

Not too far from their table, Jadon and Saskia had a table of their own. Saskia was playing with some sort of liquid that was on the table, letting it twist up her fingers and then drop again to the table. Jadon was messing about with a necklace he had around his neck, twisting his fingers in the metal chain. He was waiting for Nicolai to arrive.
    "Depression is like trying to peel a potato with another potato its not fun it doesn't work and you just wanna cry."

Diater
    suddenly pinned toni too slow cousin he laughed before getting up and helping toni to her feet he walked to where he had managed to throw her weapons and he handed them to her

Adaia and Nathan walked into the bar, both armed with various weapons. Adaia began looking round the room, making it obvious that they were looking for a specific Downworlder. Nathan then narrowed it down by walking to the section that was mainly inhabited by Vampires as he began talking to one of them, not bothering to keep the contents of the conversation a secret. Michael walked in soon after, making it obvious he didn't want to be there as he started a stiff conversation with Adaia, handing something over to her before walking back out.

Damon was walking back to the institute, he had a large gash on his cheek, and his clothes were torn around his arms.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Toni
    took her weapons back and she smiled at diater you just show off because your a vampire

Diater
    i dont show off all the time

Aim let his chair hit the floor on all four legs, the noise hollow and purposely loud. He and Tali had recognised what type of people Adaia and Nathan were. Tali had moved her hands to her lap, where her stele was resting. She was running her thumb over the grooves of it slowly. Aim moved to pick up his drink, downing it in one as it were a shot of some sort of drink. He was satisfied at feeling the knife up his sleeve rub against his skin.

Saskia hissed between her teeth, "Damn Hunters," she said loud enough for her voice to carry, "Think they're all that, cocky little bastards and bitches," she was tapping her nail on the table in a steady staccato rhythm. Jadon moved his hand to hers, pressing it down on the table, "Don't Sassy,"

"They just saunter in, thinking they own the world, disrupting our lives," she ran her tongue over her teeth, "Gits,"

"They also have decent hearing and really don't give a a shit what you think." Adaia looked over to where Saskia was sitting, glaring at her before looking back at Nathan who gave her a warning glance before continuing his conversation with the Vampire.

Damon was wiping his bloodied Seraph blade off on his jacket, before slipping it back inside his belt.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Toni
    im going to go for a walk so i ll see you later diater

Diater
    i ll see you in a bit if your going to go for a walk walked towards the bar where most underworlders were and he got himself a drink moving to a table near most vampires though he didnt talk to any and he just sat at his table

"You should give a shit. Because it's people like us...that try and kill people like you," she smirked, some sort of odd colour flicking against the normal colour of her iris. Aim and Tali, who were interested, watched when Tali suddenly moved, to Aim's shout of, "Tali!"

Tali had twisted herself in front Saskia, having seen something a split second before it happened. She held up her arms in front of face to bear the brunt of it, but something smacked into her front, sending her several metres back in a skid that she almost stumbled at. Saskia had been aiming for Adaia and tutted, "Like vermin, you pop up when you aren't wanted,"

Darius
    watched as he sipped his drink

"You could be put on trial for that. The Clave will be interested to know Faeries are targeting us."
    ― Oscar Wilde

"Not the faeries. Just us in particular. Well, me. Its like you don't care about the rest of us, and stand by as we get killed. You're worthless, so you aren't needed, simple as,"

Tali slowly straightened, flicking her arms out and letting blood spray across the floor. She had numerous cuts on her arms which she regarded with mild curiosity, and then walked back over towards her seat. She had hold of her stele so tight, her knuckles had gone white.

"We're needed to kill the demons that are hanging around. Or do you not know that just his morning two fae children were found dead, obviously killed by a demon?"
    ― Oscar Wilde

"They aren't my children, why should I care? Its an eat or be eaten world, if they died, they died, who cares, because I don't," Saskia stood, slamming her hands down on the table, when someone spoke up from the doorway, "Saskia. Stand down,"

"Nicolai...you're siding with them?" Saskia's face twisted in disgust as she faced Nicolai who was walking to the bar, "They help. Its not as if they directly involve themselves with your life,"

"They can still suck my metaphorical dick," she retorted, sinking into her seat, before giving a sharp look at Adaia. She gave a nasty glance in Tali's direction, obviously pissed off at her.

"You're not very feminine, so I'm pretty sure its not metaphorical." Adaia muttered, before walking over to Nathan. On her way she passed Tali and Aim, calling "Thanks," over her shoulder to Tali.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Tali just lifted her hand in a gesture, Aim snorting as he shouted after Adaia, "She says you can thank her by buying her a drink," he rolled his eyes, watching Tali scratch the cuts in her arms. She wasn't going to waste an iratze on them. They weren't worth it.

"Come on then. If it ain't metaphorical, suck it bitch," Saskia gave her the middle finger.

((I know this is random, but the iratze is really easy to draw xD))

"I will after I found out which leech has been killing humans." Adaia called back, gaining a glares from most of the Vampires, and causing a few of them to turn round and watch what she was doing.
    ― Oscar Wilde

((I've got a picture of the runes, they all look easy, except 'Fearless' x3))

"They in here? Need any help?" Aim asked. The blade up his sleeve had slipped out, and he was expertly twirling it around his fingers. Tali, realising he neither were going to get a drink and moved to lean on the bar. She was uselessly gesturing, trying to ask for a drink, though the bartender couldn't understand her signing, or what she was asking for.

((I've literally just finished drawing that on my hand. XD I messed up the circle part, but everything else was easy))

"Apparently not." Nathan answered for Adaia. Grabbing her arm and moving her out of the Vampire's section. Deciding that if she were to say anything else it may start a fight.
    ― Oscar Wilde

((I'd attempt it, but I'd mess up big time))

"You sure its a vampire? We've had several problems with someone framing the other s - " he cut off, watching the bartender. The man behind the bar had shoved Tali violently back, obviously getting annoyed that she wasn't talking to him. He didn't know she wasn't able to, and said sharply, "Fuck off kiddo, I've got proper customers to serve,"

Thread Information