Thread: Computer asking me about network type

Alpha-Female of the RPGC Staff Weiila's Avatar

Computer asking me about network type

Okay, it might be nothing but it weirded me out because the help said "the first time you connect to a network, you should specify what kind of network it is" about my internet connection, and it really shouldn't be the first time. I don't recall being asked about this before so maybe it has something to do with the Windows updates I downloaded the other day. It's asking me if it's a home network, work place or public. I'm in an apartment complex where each apartment is private owned but the broadband is supplied by the company owning the building itself.

I really should get Spybot again, shouldn't I -_- I swear my computer is possessed.
    New fanfic quote:

"I am indeed a spy, milord, but not for the enemies of Mordor or the Master. Instead, I serve a different master, a group called the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. Milord, have you ever heard of 'fanfiction'?"
    "Aye. A particularly odious form of sorcery, by all accounts."
    /.../
    "Yes. And have you heard of 'fangirls'?"
    "They are but a legend! A fearful legend, but a legend nonetheless."
    -Architeuthis of the Protectors of the Plot Continuum and High Nazgul of the Ringwraiths
    From "Intelligence Briefs for the PPC: The Beginning" by Architeuthis

Quote Originally Posted by darkling
    Orochimaru has joined the Baby-Sitter's Club.

I'M A CONCEPT, WHAT ARE YOU? Nulani's Avatar
    It'll occasionally glitch and ask again, in my experience. I usually set it to 'work' so I don't have to deal with home groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiila View Post
    I really should get Spybot again, shouldn't I -_- I swear my computer is possessed.
    Yeah, Nulani's right! It's most likely a glitch... I wouldn't be too concerned about viruses or spyware (but then again... it wouldn't hurt to scan anyway! :D) But, it's no biggie... just follow the prompts and reconfigure it. It should go away.

Alpha-Female of the RPGC Staff Weiila's Avatar
    Alrighty, thanks. After all the crap I've gone through with this comp, I jump if it as much as speeds up the fan for a bit.
    New fanfic quote:

"I am indeed a spy, milord, but not for the enemies of Mordor or the Master. Instead, I serve a different master, a group called the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. Milord, have you ever heard of 'fanfiction'?"
    "Aye. A particularly odious form of sorcery, by all accounts."
    /.../
    "Yes. And have you heard of 'fangirls'?"
    "They are but a legend! A fearful legend, but a legend nonetheless."
    -Architeuthis of the Protectors of the Plot Continuum and High Nazgul of the Ringwraiths
    From "Intelligence Briefs for the PPC: The Beginning" by Architeuthis

Quote Originally Posted by darkling
    Orochimaru has joined the Baby-Sitter's Club.

Thread Information