Thread: Question: Linking and toc.txt

Help with my Shrine

Well I have to questions as you can see so Ill start with the most difficult one (i think)

I found this Inside one of the templates:

<div id="walkthrough">
    <p id="walknav"> <span class="prev">Previous:
    <a href="windex.php" rel="prev">Walkthrough:
    Contents</a></span> <span class="next">Next: <a
    href="walkthrough2.php" rel="next">Dunegon 1</a></span>
    <a href="windex.php">Contents</a> </p>
    I really just found myself confused looking at it so I was wondering if I could use this instead (the quote below), on each of my walk though lists and pages. I don't really see how its different from above except that the above is way more complicated, and maybe the <div id="walkthrough"> part is an anchor. I kinda would like the above part explained to me.

Again I would like to use the below method for my Toc.txt and each of my html pages if thats ok.
    <a href="Introduction1.html">[ Previous]</a>//<a href="Introduction4.html"> [Next]</a>
    <a href="Windex.php">[ Chapter Index]</a>
    For the second part I was wondering if toc.txt is the same as this (pointed to at with the red arrow)

If it is I already made my plan with my Toc.Txt document
    Last edited by dartcron; 12-30-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: changing title so i can continue to post in same topic

I'M A CONCEPT, WHAT ARE YOU? Nulani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dartcron View Post
    Well I have to questions as you can see so Ill start with the most difficult one (i think)

I found this Inside one of the templates:

I really just found myself confused looking at it so I was wondering if I could use this instead (the quote below), on each of my walk though lists and pages. I don't really see how its different from above except that the above is way more complicated, and maybe the <div id="walkthrough"> part is an anchor. I kinda would like the above part explained to me.
    It's what you see at the bottom of this page. It's merely a convenient way to navigate the walkthrough without returning to the index.

Again I would like to use the below method for my Toc.txt and each of my html pages if thats ok.
    No. Use the method you find in toc.txt ( and which is described here ) or it won't work.

For the second part I was wondering if toc.txt is the same as this (pointed to at with the red arrow)
    It is.

Well I been trying to work lately on my Shrine for Golden Sun. So far I have made 3 walk through pages and my shrines Main page which you can browse here Golden Sun Shrine.

I have a few additional questions.

1.] I just want to make sure that everything is fine with the way I'm doing it

2.] I want to know how to make a link back to the RPG classics home page, just for your information my tok.txt file is below.

3.] This third one is actually just a statement, I want to let you know that this page HERE, has a broken link on it.
    where it says
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGclassics
    Q. What's CSS?

A. Wikipedia defines it as

In web development, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a stylesheet language used to describe the presentation of a document written in a markup language. Its most common application is to style web pages written in HTML and XHTML, but the language can be applied to any kind of XML document, including SVG and XUL.
    In short, it's what makes the page look like it should. There are several classes you can apply to the various elements in your code, for instance:
    <table class="info">
    which will format the table to look like the one on this page. You can see and read about all the various classes here. <=[BROKEN LINK]

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Sun Shrine TOK.TXT

<h2><a href=XXXXXXX><u>RPGClassics
    Main</u></a></h2>

<h1>Shrine Navigation</h1>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="windex.shtml">Walkthrough</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX">Random Number Generator</a></li>
    <li><a href="GSMP.shtml">Golden Sun Main</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX.php">Controls</a></li>
    <li><a href="faq.php">Frequently Asked Questions</a></li>
    </ul>

<h2>General Lists</h2>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="XXXXXXX">Disposable Items</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXXXXx">Psyenergy Items</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXX.php">Equipment</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX.php">Djinn</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX.php">Classes</a></li>
    <li><a href="enemies.php">Enemies</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX.php">Bosses</a></li>
    </ul>

<h2>Shrine stuff</h2>
    <ul id="lasttoc">
    <li><a href="thanks.php">Credits</a></li>
    <li><a href="XXXXX.php">Contact Me!</a></li>
    </ul>

Thank you
    Last edited by dartcron; 12-30-2010 at 05:34 PM.

I'M A CONCEPT, WHAT ARE YOU? Nulani's Avatar

Thread Information