View Poll Results: Do the Assassin's Creed games suck?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • They Suck

2 20.00%
  • I like them

8 80.00%

Thread: Assassin's Creed games

Assassin's Creed games

You press ONE button to fight, it might as well me a quick-time event.
    The Brevard County doctor who was arrested for groping a woman while dressed as Captain America with a burrito in his pants will not go to jail.

It's not the number of buttons, it's what you do with them. Sensible Soccer has one button (two in some versions) and has rabid fans.
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

I love the series and how it's progressing.
    Twitter: jeremyjackson89

I do too. Have you even played them? You do less fighting and more stabbing-then-running. The funnest part of the first game for me was the stalking of enemies. I remember I pulled off the second assassination in the first game (the one in the crazy house, with the doctor experimenting on crazies) without being detected at all and I don't think I've felt that level of satisfaction and accomplishment in a game since. I haven't finished the second game yet but it's more and better in almost every way. I hope the third game is rife with Desmond jumping around New York City or some amazing thing like that.
    Still, to adorn his humble youth,
    Nor wealth nor birth their treasures yield;
    But he who seeks the flowers of truth,
    Must quit the garden for the field.

With liberty and justice for all Kairi's Avatar
    I want to play the second game. I accidentally saw the ending of the second one and was really confused.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arac
    That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Katana
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

I kind of hope that the third one will still have some animus sequences. And that the game will be longer. Don't get me wrong, AC2 was beautiful and well done, but I'd like to see more of Desmond's ancestors and what they contributed while controlling Desmond throughout most of the game.

I kind of liked it story wise, but the overall thing of just pressing one button for everything. I just want a little more variety. LIke prince of persia.
    The Brevard County doctor who was arrested for groping a woman while dressed as Captain America with a burrito in his pants will not go to jail.

Didn't Prince of Persia have one button for jumping which was used for fighting when you got into a battle?

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

I don't fucking remember.

I liked AC1 more than 2. And the controls are nearly the same as PoP :P
    It's no measure of health to be well adapted to a profoundly sick society
    Too much angst sucks, seriousness is overrated, melodrama is comedy.

"I fear that one day zeppy will end up hanging himself by his wang from the ceiling fan out of despair for his wasted life" - a concerned citizen

If your only tool's a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Ted Roosevelt

Every time I visit the Staff Forums, it's a new lesson in dysfunction - VE

"Bacteria is a secular attempt to explain away evil"

"Human life is a sexually transmitted disease."

Heh.

I like Tim Buckley's idea for the next one.

A Colonial Female Assasin would be loads of fun.
    I will do what I can.
    It is the most that can be asked of us,
    and the least that any of us should be willing to give. ~Caderlly
    , Night Masks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
    "You aren't half the man I used to be"

I think an indian assassin would be cool, but it wouldn't really go with the story unless they got somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by GunslingerGuy View Post
    I think an indian assassin would be cool, but it wouldn't really go with the story unless they got somebody else.
    I don't understand what you mean by any of this, can you clarify?
    I will do what I can.
    It is the most that can be asked of us,
    and the least that any of us should be willing to give. ~Caderlly
    , Night Masks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
    "You aren't half the man I used to be"

If you follow the story it's more likely for an asian assassin to be the focus of the next game.

edit: just read the CAD comic. I love the idea, and ultimately, this is what I love about the series. Taking the next game to Renassaince Italy was brillant, I can only imagine what they have in store for the next game. And that comic site had one thing a little off; he assumes the series has to go forward in time. There's nothing stopping it from going back further than Altair.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 04-07-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Why would it make sense for an asian assassin based on the story so far? Explain, sir.

The clues for it are in the ending to Assassins Creed 1. I can't remember everything but one of the images is an island. I found it online, it's an island in the Japanese archipeloago, and the last codex in AC2 has Altair mentioning Ghengis Kahn. Although they already stated that AC3 will involve Ezio, somehow.

Oh, ok. I know exactly what you're talking about now. That could probably be told, but I wouldn't see the point of it. We know what happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by Codex Page 29
    A dark tide rises to the east - an army of such size and power that all the
    land is made quick with worry. Their leader is a man named Temujin, who has
    adopted the title Ghengis Khan. He sweeps across the lands, conquering and
    subsuming all who stand in his way. Whatever his motives, he must be
    stopped. Were I younger, I might attempt to undertake this work in secret
    - as I suspect to presence of a Piece of Eden. But those days are years
    gone, now. The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our
    sons. We will travel there together, that they may be tested and that this
    threat might be stopped.
    If they traveled there, that explains why the codex wound up in the hands of Kublai Khan, who Marco Polo took the pages from and brought back to Italy, allowing one of Ezio's great grandfathers to obtain them. So yeah, its totally doable, but it would seem kind of pointless to me. But who knows.

Also, AC2: Episodes will star Ezio, not AC3. Ubisoft should've done a better job than to say "the next AC game will have Ezio gaiz!"

I Don't Bless Them
    I'm only speaking from my experience with the first game, so forgive me if the second one is HOT SHIT.

It doesn't suck because you press one button to fight. It sucks because the storyline is contrived, the game is too short, and it feels like it was rushed out the door. You can play Assassin's Creed once... MAYBE. I dare you to replay it doing the same retarded minigames before each assassination. And marvel at how the difficulty is artificially bumped up in the last fight, when in a STEALTH GAME you are forced to fight several people head on. Hooray! Oh... but wait... if you know how to counter, it's still retardedly easy. At any rate... I think Assassin's Creed sucks, but not for the poorly-thought out "reason" that GSG cites. :p

Yeah, you should give the second one a play through if you gave the first one. It's much better.

This is going to be the next Lost.

The storyline really jumps off at the end of the first game. Ultimately I think that the AC2 Spoiler: flashback involving Altair and that woman (and that god awful jump) will figure in. It kinda draws me away from my earlier sentiment of taking the series back before Altair. The games about Desmond and his heritage, not so much the Assassins themselves. Perhaps it could involve Altair's sons in asia. How precarious would that be, I wonder, to be a round eye.

The woman in the flashback is Spoiler: Maria. She's the Templar woman Altair spared at the end of the AC1. They get closer to each other in AC: Bloodlines.. As far as Asia, I suppose we can only wait and see.

I liked AC2 a lot more than AC1, it just felt much more polished (even if it was so bloated it could barely support its own weight). For AC3 I'm actually thinking the French Revolution would be an awesome backdrop. Can you think of anyone more Templar than Robespierre? :D

TMBSWOOHSTJTTTTTMCICGNRBTDMWPDMENOTATLKWAOIIW

I've only played the PSP version but its a lot of fun! I love sneaking up on the Templars. Some times I reward the holy ones for their good deeds with a one slash trip to heaven and martyrdom and the sinful ones go south without suntan lotion!

Which FF Character Are You?

.:Neptune:.
    "You are a very passionate person, however, this passion often remains hidden below the surface. You have a great deal of compassion for others and are always willing to help those in need. You have a great generosity, sometimes so great that you neglect yourself while giving to others. You also have a stubborn side, though, which serves to protect you from being taken advantage of by those you help."

[damn quizilla's need to log in, can't get the picture too!]

One Cute Girl!!!!!!!

The psp one... What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard Ziggy View Post
    I've only played the PSP version but its a lot of fun! I love sneaking up on the Templars. Some times I reward the holy ones for their good deeds with a one slash trip to heaven and martyrdom and the sinful ones go south without suntan lotion!
    Wow. If you actually enjoyed Bloodlines, play the main series. Much better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crotanks View Post
    Wow. If you actually enjoyed Bloodlines, play the main series. Much better :P
    Now that my newphew has the xbox 360 I intend too

Which FF Character Are You?

.:Neptune:.
    "You are a very passionate person, however, this passion often remains hidden below the surface. You have a great deal of compassion for others and are always willing to help those in need. You have a great generosity, sometimes so great that you neglect yourself while giving to others. You also have a stubborn side, though, which serves to protect you from being taken advantage of by those you help."

[damn quizilla's need to log in, can't get the picture too!]

One Cute Girl!!!!!!!

Thread Information