Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo Food of the Day

I Don't Bless Them
    I'd rather eat the crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by The 984 View Post
    Food #19:
    'Mater Sandwiches

These are common sandwiches in the South. The ingredients are simple: white bread, sliced tomato, salt, pepper, and, if you wish, mayonnaise. I'm not a fan of mayo, so if I ate tomatoes, I would do the sandwich without the mayo.
    You know they're using Duke's mayonnaise on those sandwiches. That's the brand any self-respecting Southerner uses when mayo is required.

I don't eat these sandwiches, mostly because I'm not a big fan of raw tomatoes. They have to at least be marinated in something first.

I absolutely hate fresh tomatoes. In anything. Salads, sandwiches, burgers, you name it. I can't stand 'em at all.

I have never had fried crickets, but I'd happily try them if they were offered to me.

Heloderma suspectum
    My mom eats tomato sandwiches all the time. I however need something more than just a slice of tomato. I like tomatoes, and I like mayonnaise, but I need something extra in there.

The Greatest Defender of Freedom and Liberty on These Boards The 984's Avatar
    American cheese, while generally frowned upon, can be added to 'mater sandwiches if absolutely necessary.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

I Don't Bless Them
    I also dislike American cheese. It isn't all cheese.

With liberty and justice for all Kairi's Avatar
    I don't much care for tomatoes, so I would probably dislike a 'mater sandwich.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arac
    That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Katana
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

Food #20:
    Rolls

You know rolls. The flaky dough creations. Typically they're layered. Light and airy. They are quite good, especially when warm.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

I LOVE rolls. Bread is what keeps me away from those low-carb diets.

"If we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls."

I Don't Bless Them
    If you don't love rolls, you're a dirty fascist! Rolls go great with butter and/or honey.

I am not a fascist! I loves me a hot buttered roll.

Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came Cavelcade's Avatar
    Roll + butter + sausages (our Irish ones, not your shitty american ones) + spicy potato wedges = lunch fit for any REAL man.

Yum yum.
    An Unkindness of ravens.
    - The most awesome collective noun ever? Yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saturn
    Pfft. Human hand weeds. That's nothin--- I mean, WHAT? WTF?

I love rolls. Probably because I love butter.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

Heloderma suspectum
    Yeah rolls are good. I like most forms/styles of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelcade View Post
    Roll + butter + sausages (our Irish ones, not your shitty american ones) + spicy potato wedges = lunch fit for any REAL man.

Yum yum.
    Or how about an Irish breakfast? Man that looks good:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ronbendi...99064700547746

You lie, Gila. An Irish breakfast is just whiskey washed down with potatoes and a healthy dose of wife-beating.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    Rolls = As long as they're not served with gravy then...

Originally Posted by VickiMints
    "If we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls."
    Admittedly, I know this is a reference to something, but I can't quite place it, and I'm going to kick myself for not remembering where that's from.
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Haha, that's what most people get in breakfast rolls over here. They're for the Irish man in a rush.

Also: 984 is such a goddamn racist bigot. I should break my bottle over his head if it wouldn't spill the precious liquid inside.
    An Unkindness of ravens.

Food #21:
    Corned beef

I hate corned beef. I think it's nasty. I especially hate it when eating it with cabbage. Fuck corned beef and the island it comes from.

Killmore, the quote is from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I had it in mind when I made the food of the day rolls.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

I Don't Bless Them
    Corned beef is actually an Irish-American food. When they came over from Ireland, it was the cheapest meat available. This is why it's "traditional" for Irish-Americans to eat corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day.

That said, I love corned beef and cabbage. But my ancesters are, unfortunately, the dirty Irish. I also like Guinness. ;.;

Heloderma suspectum
    Corned beef is great. I really like having corned beef sandwiches. I never thought of having it with cabbage... something to try!

GAP: Guinness is excellent.

What is this I don't even pokefreak_85's Avatar
    Food #21:
    Corned beef

I hate corned beef. I think it's nasty. I especially hate it when eating it with cabbage. Fuck corned beef and the island it comes from.

Killmore, the quote is from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I had it in mind when I made the food of the day rolls.
    "A toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll. And if we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls.
    ...I made that up myself."
    ;)

Never eaten corned beef, so can't say anything about it.

Food #21:
    Corned beef

Nice, I got it without trying!
    I've had corned beef once, and it was okay... mostly because it was on bread with cheese and mustard (MMMM mustard).

Ugh, I missed roll day. Rolls are fucking awesome! Especially crescent rolls.

As for corned beef, that shit's nasty. Wouldn't mess with it unless it involved messing with someone else (like how I put sardines in a hot car...messy goodness lol).

"Today's the day...the day we bring the end." -??? (Me?)

"Who am I? Like I told "him" before, I am a man of many names, but never one. Some refer to me as Persona, mask of the mind. But to that, I can merely say...I am simply me." - Me

I love corned beef and cabbage when cooked right. My dad has messed up in the past and the meet was too tough or too spiced. Or when the school cooks it, they make it icky. But mostly it's great.

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    Corned Beef = Good in reasonable quantities.

The 984: That was it! I knew it had to come from either Mel Brooks or Monty Python and it didn't really seem like the later.
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Corned beef, not so big a fan of. It's alright, but it's just kind of...well, only alright.
    An Unkindness of ravens.

Food #22:
    Burritos

Tortilla with cheese, meat, or vegetables. I tend to get burritos only from Chipotle. Spicy.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

Love 'em. Preferably with cheese or chicken. But not beans.

I Don't Bless Them
    A burrito without beans is like sex without love. Not nearly as good.

What is this I don't even pokefreak_85's Avatar
    I don't like tortillas. There's something about them that just... Yeah.
    I avoid them whenever possible, to the point of going hungry rather than eat them if nothing else is available, because the taste and texture of tortillas make me nauseous.

So, by extension, I don't eat burritos either.

Thread Information