Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo Food of the Day

Pickles are a staple of rpg history (cf. "Ozzie's in a pickle!"), so they command a bit of respect.

There are different kinds of white bread, so it depends. It can have enough flavor and oomph or be a sugary muck. Opt for the first kind or go brown.
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    White Bread = Italian (or French).
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

I like most breads pretty well,
    "I believe in my tusks.
    Long live freedom and damn the ideologies"
    -Robinson Jeffers, The Stars Go Over the Lonely Ocean

The Greatest Defender of Freedom and Liberty on These Boards The 984's Avatar
    Food #13:
    Quinoa

It's a cool little rice replacement. I like it. Not being a vegetarian, I still eat it with meat (usually chicken or fish). I was hoping Arac might have some suggestions on how to prepare it other ways than just my sorta normal "boil it like rice but with bouillon cubes in it to flavor it" method.

Really. I love the texture of it though. So much better than just normal rice.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

Quinoa = Never had it =! Quina?
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Nope. Does not equal Quina. I heartily suggest you try it though. Should be in the organic rice section of your local supermarket.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

With liberty and justice for all Kairi's Avatar
    white bread is okay. I prefer it to other plain sandwich breads, specifically wheat.

I don't know what quinoa is.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arac
    That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Katana
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

I had never heard of it, much less had it.

Seriously. Try it. It's good. It always has a somewhat al dente texture to it.

I learned about it during a two month semi-vegetarian period I medically had to do May/June/July 2007.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

What is this I don't even pokefreak_85's Avatar
    I have no idea what that is but since I prefer meat over vegetables and such, I'll probably never try it.

Food #14:
    Fried Chicken

Any type of fried chicken. Kentucky Fried Chicken. Chicken fried chicken. Lightly fried chicken. It's all good. I'm a Southerner. I love fried chicken.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

With liberty and justice for all Kairi's Avatar
    I like fried chicken. All except Popeye's chicken. Their popcorn shrimp is a lot tastier than their chicken.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arac
    That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Katana
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

I like fried chicken too. Especially with biscuits.

I Don't Bless Them
    Chicken fried chicken is (scientifically speaking) the best fried chicken. It's really good with... BISCUITS.

Speaking of which, I can't believe you're using a legal definition to defend yourself. The laws of mankind have nothing to do with the biscuit, which is HOLY! Last night, I had country gravy on biscuits, hash browns, and two eggs. THIS IS THE WAY OF THE BISCUIT! IT IS NOT DEFINED BY MANKIND'S LAWS, BUT BY THE SPIRITUAL POWER OF THE BISCUIT! ALL HAIL BISCUIT.

I love fried chicken, except I peel off the skin before I eat it. That part's so fatty!

I'm a Bojangles fan - go college advertising! You know, I didn't know that a Chicken Supreme was a chicken strip until after the first time I went to Bojangles, which was my first semester in college.

I like Kentucky Fried Chicken, but my last experience there was far less than stellar. I tried the original recipe strips, and they were really tough and not very meaty. :(

Oh, and Bojangles has the best biscuits. :D

CHICKEN! OM NOM NOM!

Chicken = Damn! Poke stole my line! >_<

Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came Cavelcade's Avatar
    Quinoa I have not tried. Sounds yummy.

Fried chicken is alright. I prefer roast, but it's alright.

As for you, GAP, the law of man follows from the law of nature! A biscuit must go soft to be stale, not hard! What you had was cake with your crazy, sweet and floury, delicious true, but no true biscuit! Heathen!
    An Unkindness of ravens.
    - The most awesome collective noun ever? Yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saturn
    Pfft. Human hand weeds. That's nothin--- I mean, WHAT? WTF?

I Don't Bless Them
    I had sex with the biscuit.

Okay.

You better do the honourable thing and marry it. >:(
    An Unkindness of ravens.

I Don't Bless Them
    I ate it afterwards.

White bread is okay. I like most breads HOT with butter. Pumpernickel and rye bread are just disgusting, though (especially the latter). A good sandwich with white or wheat bread: Bread, corned beef, Russian dressing, coleslaw (I heard it isn't bad with rye either... but I HATE RYE!). Try it.
    Last edited by Genericangstyposter; 02-10-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Food #15:
    Coke

It can be any kind of coke (not the drug, the drink). Coca Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer. All are good cokes. Grape soda is about the only kind of coke I won't drink. I <3 Cheerwine.

And I totally want to make deep fried Coke someday.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

Oh, you mean soft drinks. Now I understand.

Orange ones tend to be alright. Club Orange is best. Lilt is also tasty.

Also, just remembered: the best sandwich contains butter, chicken, ham and sweetcorn. Taaaaaaaaaaaasty.

GAP your actions only serve to hurt your case!
    An Unkindness of ravens.

I'll drink any soft drink that I don't have to pay for myself. If it's something thatI have to buy, I usually stick with Coca Cola, Sprite or just regular "sockerdricka". (Literally "sugardrink". Kind of carbonated water with some extra sweeterners, I guess.)

984, I'm so glad you didn't say pop. :D I knew you wouldn't, but still.

I don't drink a lot of soft drinks (I usually have water or tea), but the ones I keep at home are Pepsi or Coke Zero. I also have a soft spot for ginger ale and keep it stocked in the fridge. Every once in a while I'll drink orange or grape soda. If I get a soft drink at the movies, it's usually Sprite - I prefer a Coke Icee though!

Coca-Cola is an AWESOME hangover remedy (at least for me).

One summer in middle school practically all I drank was grape soda and Mello-Yello... I think that's why I stay away from it now. :) That and Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies...

edit - 984, I've had friends that tried deep fried Coke at the state fair, and none of them liked it. I hope you have better results!

My personal soda vice is Mountain Dew. the original kind, occasionally Code Red. I'll drink other stuff, but these are my favorites. Not just for the caffeine, I don;t care about that. I just like the taste of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    I don't get why it is most people think they can't have decent conversations with me. Do I sound like Conan the barbarian on the boards "URgh ARgh, EERRAAGHH Moo"?
    Hello, All! Don't forget this thread is here!

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
    GG Crono 4: For anything.
    GG Crono 4: Ever.
    GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
    GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Tampax: Aim For The Crotch!"

I had a Coca Cola cake at a Cracker Barrel once. It was yummy. Then I made one myself and it wasn't quite so yummy, but still yummy.

Heloderma suspectum
    I prefer water or juice, but if I'm at a friends place and they have a bottle chances are I'll try some. There isn't a flavour that I hate, but I prefer the citrusy ones such as Sprite and 7-UP.

I also generally prefer water or juice (or milk), but I'm currently obsessed with Nestea's Iced Tea. >.> I occasionally drink blue Fanta because it's awesome. I used to drink Mountain Dew often when I was an undergrad, but it seems they changed their recipe (or whatever that is) and I don't like it as much anymore. We don't have Code Red here. :/ When I go to restaurants, though, I usually order Sprite/7-Up.

Also, I know what Quinoa is! Go me. I like it much better than couscous, as far as this kind of weird food goes.

Coke = Anything that isn't Diet, Dr. Pepper, or Vanilla/Lemon/Cherry/Tutti Fruity/ect...

Best in a hilarious container.

Thread Information