Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo Food of the Day

The Greatest Defender of Freedom and Liberty on These Boards The 984's Avatar

Neo Food of the Day

GAP made the original one. It was cool and all for a while. Then Setz came, and it died. I start a new one. GAP, feel free to take over once you have stable interweb.

To quote GAP from the original:
    "This is where I name a food each day, and you tell me how much you love/hate/could care less about said food! You can do it in one word, in a sentence, in a paragraph, a haiku, an epic poem, a short story, a play, a ten page thesis about said food, a book, an encyclopaedia... I don't care! Just tell me how much you like said food item. This food item can be a condiment, a main course, a sidedish... whatever. And if you want to comment on this food tomorrow... no problem! I don't care- as long as you tell me what the Hell you're talking about. I will number each one each day as well for ease."

Food #1:
    Sunflower Seeds

I personally like sunflower seeds. Some people shell them. Not me. I eat them whole. That also makes them last longer for me because they're a bit saltier that way. I'm sure Sin and others will say it's unsanitary, but whatever. I subscribe to the Child's Theory of Raw Cookie Dough: "If I don't know/think it will make me sick, it won't make me sick."
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

I Don't Bless Them
    Who shells sunflower seeds? Whole all the way! I can't say I love them, but they're one of the signature snacks I'd always get when I was a kid! Between that and pumpkin seeds, I was a seed-eatin' machine!

By the way, in case any of the old guard are looking: I'm GAP and I approve this thread! (:-P) I'm quite glad it's back, in fact! I just hope that The 984 can keep up with the delicious, delicious demand (I'm sure he will, he's a reploid, damnit!).

With liberty and justice for all Kairi's Avatar
    I do rather love sunflower seeds. And to answer your question GAP, I shell them.
    I pop them into my mouth then crack the inner part out. Then throw away the shell.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arac
    That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Katana
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

A parrot loves sunflower seeds
    smashes them, pecking with its beak,
    and makes a cracking sound

content he shifts his scrawny feet
    nibbles a bit and loudly shrieks
    looking for more around
    Last edited by Rigmarole; 01-27-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

Heloderma suspectum
    I love sunflower seeds, although I prefer them with out the shells. Are you even able to eat the shells?

I think you could eat the shells(I always spit them out), but they probably fuck up your digestive system.

I do like sunflower seeds. Too bad I have allergic reactions to sunflowers.
    Ben Roethlisberger is a huge dickhead...I have proof.

WHO DEY!!!!

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    Food Type / Level of Enjoyment
    Sunflower seeds = Occasionally.
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

What is this I don't even pokefreak_85's Avatar
    I don't know, the only sunflower seeds I tend to see are the ones we feed to birds in the winter. ^^
    I'm quite sure I've eaten some of them anyway, and they're good, I guess. But not really something that I eat often or even buy myself.

Not fond of them myself. I always found them rather tasteless, unless they were salted, in which case they tasted like salt.

Food #2:
    Turkey

I like turkey. I like it for Thanksgiving. I like it sliced deli style for sandwiches, cold or hot. I like little turkey breast thrown into a salad. It's a good meat.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

Every time Thanksgiving comes around, I think I like turkey, but then I remember that I don't really like straight up turkey. I like mixing it with stuffing and frying it up. Then putting it on a sandwich. And I don't mind deli turkey as long as it's NOT glow in the dark.
    < Ezboarder > Use protection, and the only thing you test positive for is being awesome.

That's a low blow; you know I'm lactose intolerant, and can accordingly only skim your whining, for health reasons.
    Ah yes, the good old "you're all pieces on a chessboard that I bought and own" bit. One of my favourites, it is. It almost makes one wonder why you're posting on a message board about video games.

Vegetarian, but back when I ate meat, turkey was middle-to-low on my list of meats. Above most pork products, but below chicken and red meat.
    "I believe in my tusks.
    Long live freedom and damn the ideologies"
    -Robinson Jeffers, The Stars Go Over the Lonely Ocean

I Don't Bless Them
    I love turkey. I honestly wish that I could have roast turkey throughout the year... it's by far my favorite meat. This is especially true when combined with particularly good gravy and stuffing. Mmmmm....

Turkey = Yum (when moist and tender)/Ick (when dry as a bone)
    My UberLete Sig! Brought to you by....The #1 threat to America Spoiler: BEARS!!! (That Shuffle!)

Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came Cavelcade's Avatar
    Sunflower seeds are the weirdest food. I find they have no taste, no flavour, I barely notice eating them except they get stuck in my molars sometimes, but once I start I just can't stop. D: I'm sure that's a bad thing.

Turkey is good only if there's gravy to go with it. I don't care how perfectly cooked, it's always too dry. But with gravy it's delicious.

It's no ham, though.
    An Unkindness of ravens.
    - The most awesome collective noun ever? Yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saturn
    Pfft. Human hand weeds. That's nothin--- I mean, WHAT? WTF?

Turkey's good when done right. If not, it doesn't really taste like anything. Always good to have every once in a while though. Deli turkey falls a rung lower for me, since it can occasionally taste nasty as hell in a sandwich. (Why?!)

"Today's the day...the day we bring the end." -??? (Me?)

"Who am I? Like I told "him" before, I am a man of many names, but never one. Some refer to me as Persona, mask of the mind. But to that, I can merely say...I am simply me." - Me

Turkey is good when cooked right, but also contains tryptophan which is a chemical that makes you sleepy, also sold in pill form as a sleep aid.

WHO DEY!!!!

Heloderma suspectum
    I like turkey so much that I took photographs of it on Christmas:

What is this I don't even pokefreak_85's Avatar
    I've only eaten turkey once, but I really liked it.
    Of course, it could be that if I eat it a few more times it's not as good anymore because it's not "wow, I've never had this before", anymore.

With all the gravitas of my comment no. 3000 let me say: I like sliced turkey.

edit: supposing the numbering system worked. Let me say then with all the gravitas of my comment no. 2999 that I also like well-cooked turkey.
    Last edited by Rigmarole; 01-29-2009 at 05:15 AM.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

I feel like a turkey.

WHO DEY!!!!

Food #3:
    Olive Oil

Olive oil is good to cook stuff in, healthier than just plain vegetable oil. I also like it used as, for lack of a better term, a sauce. I've had some roasted pork before where olive oil was drizzled on it. Gave it a nice flavor. It's also good to dip bread in if you have a little saucer of olive oil and pepper.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

I Don't Bless Them
    I like the bread drizzely thing when the oil is nice and warm. Its actually quite sensual- especially if you're cooking for a date.

Olive Oil = Best on a Date. (How you interpret this is up to you.)

I cooked a grilled cheese sandwich with olive oil and it was one of the best grilled cheeses I've ever had. I like cooking with olive oil, but I don't have it that often since I don't cook while at school.

Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came Cavelcade's Avatar
    Olive oil is good to cook with. I don't use it with bread so much, but my parents do.

Ugh. Damn you GAP.
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 01-29-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    An Unkindness of ravens.
    - The most awesome collective noun ever? Yes. Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saturn
    Pfft. Human hand weeds. That's nothin--- I mean, WHAT? WTF?

Heloderma suspectum
    I heard grape seed oil is healthier.

I Don't Bless Them
    Why damn me? I believe olive oil is a good thing to serve with bread on a date. I see nothing ugh about that.

You made him think about his parents being sensual.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

Olive oil was good enough to accept Athena as matron deity. Note that extra-virgin OO is the way to go.

Thread Information