Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romancing SaGa: so, it's out now.

BTW even though I planned out that party ahead of time, it was totally unintentional that Neidhart is surrounded by 4 girls. =D

Oh well, next playthrough Myriam will have to be the only female for most of the game, until I can get Freilei. =P

Heh in my case my party for Claudia being all female is very intentional. She's going to be my closer and she will be helped by Aisha, Captain Silver, Farah and Myriam. Actually my party for Aisha was also all female. Aisha, Barbara, Myriam, Farah and Frielie.
    I declare Sayaka (SaGa), Lynn (SaGa 2), Gloria (SaGa 3), Myriam (Romancing SaGa), Cat (Romancing SaGa 2), Tatyana (Romancing SaGa 3), Rei (SaGa Frontier), Meythia (SaGa Frontier 2) and Michelle (Unlimited SaGa) as "Miss SaGa" of their respective games. And my vote is greater than all!

I think the main reason why Myriam is appealing is that she seems to be "metagaming". Her battle quotes include comments about whether or not magic is effective on the enemies, and how she hates the monsters it isn't. And when Gray, Myriam, and Galahad part ways, she says something about wanting to get other types of magic besides Fire. Coupled with her light-hearted attitude, this makes her seem like she treats the adventure and combat like one big game, which is exactly what it is for you the player.

Well besides what you mentioned part of the reason I like Myriam is the mage aspect. I also kind of like her new design. Partially because of the witch outfit. Plus the pigtails are a nice touch over all. Plus I made a lot of use of her when playing the original version so go figure. Heck when I first played the remake my most major goal was to get her in my party.

Thus she was there for me in Aisha's game and I used her in Hawke's game until I replaced her with Captain Silver. I am kind of trying to give every character a chance. However to fill in the gaps special bias is given to Myriam. As well as Farah and Captain Silver of course.
    I declare Sayaka (SaGa), Lynn (SaGa 2), Gloria (SaGa 3), Myriam (Romancing SaGa), Cat (Romancing SaGa 2), Tatyana (Romancing SaGa 3), Rei (SaGa Frontier), Meythia (SaGa Frontier 2) and Michelle (Unlimited SaGa) as "Miss SaGa" of their respective games. And my vote is greater than all!

I didn't really see it as a "witch" outfit ala Owl/Eule, but rather sort of a "stylish mage". Myriam, in this outfit, would be the classy wizard in a 'Deadlands' type Western fantasy, just come in from back East with a pocket full of spells and considrable wealth.

See what I mean? She seems more interested in looking fashionable while kicking butt than looking creepy or kooky.

Ah okay. Well honestly you can't direct link to images from RPGamer. Although when I went there and found the image in question. After trying to click to view a larger version it just took me back to the home page. Weird.

I heard bad things about this game but its 20 bucks so what the hey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    Every time I looked at Ashe though, I felt like stating how small her boobs were.

Hey, is this game good? It gets bad reviews.

Has anyone beaten any of the RS GAmes for Snes? The first one was poorly translated but I beat it. LIke, everything on The Whirpool isn't fully translated
    Last edited by KaiserBasara; 12-26-2005 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    Every time I looked at Ashe though, I felt like stating how small her boobs were.

Durlando
    I got this game about 2 weeks ago and I'm onyl 12 hours in on Claudia's quest. I find the game fairly hard at times, and rather tedious when I don't know what to do next.
    But still, I think it's an awesome game. My team consists of Claudia (Strongest, archer), Grey (Uses a sword), Barbara (sword, but I found out she heals VERY well), Galahad (he does 200~ damage punching... and his weapon broke and I have no money right now...) and just today I recruited Farah as an archer, but from what I read she's also a good healer? I might invest in spells if I can get the funds up.

Well to be honest when it comes to healing. I make sure everyone has water heal or moon beam. Moon beam is usually for those who do not have "Hydrology" due to having Pryology spells. As well as those who have a higher BP regeneration rate.

In my own personal case I had Farah with Staff, Areology, Illusioniary, and Cosmology. Although that was my first quest and I was new to the game. Most likely I'll pick something different for her in the near future.

Durlando
    Actually, I changed what I had going with my team. I booted Grey for Gian (who turned out to be much stronger) and made Farah a more magic oriented type using cosmology and the wind spells (I forget the word).
    And Barbara is a fairly decent healer now too. I tried to to the Assassin's Guild quest before but I kept dying, but with two healers it was a breeze.

Speaking of characters from Romancing SaGa to be honest I don't care much for the Dragon Knight. It's not just the fact his LP is only 5. That's not so bad. It's the fact I can't change his equipment and you can't recruit him a second time... So yeah Albert's will be the only time I use him for certain.

Thread Information