Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite FF's

I have to ff7 is my fav then ff6

I would play the Final Fantasy games, but I don't really care for turn-based combat.
    RŁfi0 - King of the Lost Boys

Most of them aren;t really turn-based, though. FOur through Nine are all mroe active time-based. Although maybe that's what you meant, the whole lining up ontwo sides and havingto input commands thing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    I don't get why it is most people think they can't have decent conversations with me. Do I sound like Conan the barbarian on the boards "URgh ARgh, EERRAAGHH Moo"?
    Hello, All! Don't forget this thread is here!

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
    GG Crono 4: For anything.
    GG Crono 4: Ever.
    GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
    GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Tampax: Aim For The Crotch!"

Just gt done play in ffXII i weeped.

These recent posts make for some outstanding discussion of the most popular and revolutionary single-player role playing game series ever. Keep up the good work fellas!

Talking

My favorite has to be 7 cause the plot rocks and the characters are awesome. As for the rest, I'll give them all an A because there all good in some way.
    IzzieV^.^V

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

"The Brave do not fear the Grave"-Final Fantasy 7

Year of the dog- Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amiable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged.

Here's the ones I've played in order from first to last:

1) Final Fantasy X : 97% beautiful soundtrack, deep entrancing story, overall best game

2) Final Fantasy CC: 75% not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, they just wanted to try something different. i liked the graphics, though chibi, and plot concept. did NOT like the magicite idea and the "leveling up" system

3) Final Fantasy TA: 89% loved the strategy based gameplay opposed to the just turn-based usual, nice change. i love the characters, job classes, the country of ivalce, level of customization you can have, and just about everything. though they didn't need to have 300 quests, thats a little excessive

4) Final Fantasy IV: 93% showed me what Final Fantasy should really be, it was as cliche` to me since this was the first pre-VII game i've played so it was really great. there were plot twists here and there and i thought it was great, i personally didn't think i'd end up on the moon or the namingways would be lunarians lol

5) Final Fantasy III (DS): 85% Good game, very nostalgic with good graphics for the DS, also the singular cutscene in the begininning was amazing. the level of customization was unrivaled to anything. so many potential parties and spells and weapons and jobs. though did get rather repetitive and just wanting it to end after awhile.

6) Final Fantasy VIII: 95% Amazing soundtrack, lovin the Draw and Junctioning system. I was surprised the GF's didn't use MP though....owell....really different from the other games. Though the character development of Squall was weird....he didn't really care for Rinoa that much before she went comatose then he just goes all Terminator on everything till she's better, then back to same old "..Whatever" Squall except for those "aww" moments. too bad i never got the Lionheart T_T

Now I plan to start VII and then X again ^_^
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mi-Mi-Mikuru Beam! Dragons Revenge's Avatar
    What the Hell...

FFI- B- My first one, and my today's standards doesnt hold up at all, I guess the rating is somewhat nostalgia based.

FFII- C The level system was a nice idea, but poorly executed. Shame, since the characters and plot were interesting.

III- B- I would've wanted to play the original. From what I played of the new one it was cute and still had the old FF spirit in place and you can see the origins of the Job system that would peak at FFT.

IV- B+ I didnt play this until 5 years ago, and I can tell you, defeating Zeromus remains the greatest RPG victory to date.

V- B- Just didnt see what the big deal was. I liked the old school feel, and they built on the Job Class system even more. The last boss fight again was extremely tough. Too bad this would be the last one one.

VI- I played this after VII and really got into it. In retrospect, it was the first one to really let up on the difficulty overall (except for FFT-more on that later). I do think it's the most overrated of the series. I still love it, and I'd play it again in a heart beat.

VII- A+ What can I say? Despite how Squeenix has destroyed it's legacy, and millions of "OMG Seffie is my bishie!!!11" idiot fanboys there are (no offense to anyone here :D) It wasnt the first FF I played, but it was the one to completely draw me into the series, and RPGs over all, which I assume was the case with many here as well. A classic in every sense, only eclipsed by....

FFT A+ As far as I'm concerned, the best game in the series. Amazingly complex, mature plot (unfortunately damned by shitty localization. Let's hope that's fixed in the remake) that wasnt fantasy so much as Shakespearean, beautiful musical score, complex characters one classic scene after another, great battle system- They climaxed with the Job system here, it will never get better this. Not much else to say, except my favorite RPG of all time. There were some tough as hell bosses in this one too. Velius still haunts my dreams. I played through that game like 4 times, and every single time I was stuck on him for a few days. There's just no real strategy to defeat him. And I had never known chocobos could be so goddamned irritating.

FFVIII B+ I loved it at the time, having replayed it, I was put off by the whole Teen Drama aspect and the boring draw system. Still has some memorable musical pieces and other moments in the game that keep me saying "eh, it was a good game"

FFIX- C as far as I'm concerned, the second worst game of the series- Awful script, dull/annoying characters and forgettable plot. Blech.

FFX- FFX A- The characters themselves were kinda forgettable as far as I'm concerned, and the love aspect seemed to feel like an obligation. The plot was epic, and to this day, it's the only video game ever to get me choked up. The sphere system was addicting as all hell, and what the hey, great game over all.

FFX-2- Q- So bad, an F is giving it too much credit. Complete utter garbage. Everything that made FFX so great had been completely and utterly ruined in this game.

FFXI C- The first one to really feel like FF since FFVI, unfortunately was damned by a snails pace that I just coudlnt get more than 15 hours in. Too bad.

FFXII-A- I just adore the direction they went this one. It doesnt feel much like FF, but everything about it.... save the characters and plot (still not connecting with them) is amazing. I think really, it's their best since Tactics.

FFMQ- C+ What the eff, I liked it. It was probably the Second FF I played after FFI, so there's some nostalgia in there.
    Last edited by Dragons Revenge; 10-02-2007 at 02:41 PM.
    CHECK THIS RIFF, IT'S FUCKING TASTY!

The Man called Wil Wilfredo Martinez's Avatar
    How many FF games have come out since FFX2? Because that's the last one I played. I never played 11 because I don't enjoy open-ended MMORPGs, and I heard so many bad things about 12 that I didn't bother (I'm very strapped for cash anyway.) Most of the new ones came out in consoles I don't own anyway. When I went to buy Wild Arms 5, I found a used copy of FF12 for sale for- 18$ ? My, how have the mighty fallen; Disgaea used copies still sell for about 40$ (grrr) I guess it REALLY wasn't popular. Still, I would've bought it if I'd had enough spare cash, but I didn't. WA5 is a fun game anyway, I'm not in the mood right now for another FF Tactics like game (storywise, I mean) if that's what 12 is like.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Sijo

I've heard nothing but amazing things about 12. Even those that shun the franshise after FFT (and there are many, believe it or not); some claim it to be a return to form. But lessee...

All FF games taht I know of-
    FFXI
    FFXII
    FFVII Dirge
    FFVII Crisis Core
    FFTA
    FFTAII
    FFCC...did that come out after? I think it did

And some remakes for the GBA, which I don't count since they already came out.

Really, FFXII Is a really good game. It really is. Game play wise, it's great, and there's a ton of shit to do. The story concept and production values are outstanding, and I love what they did with the script and voices. The characters themselves have no substance, however. I never had been able to connect to them like I had with those of FFVII, FFT or even FFVIII. I think because there's just not that much interaction between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mog Knight
    Now I plan to start VII and then X again ^_^
    You should give VI a shot. Based on what you've written above, my guess is you'll absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Revenge
    Game play wise, (XII is) great, and there's a ton of shit to do. The story concept and production values are outstanding, and I love what they did with the script and voices. The characters themselves have no substance, however. I never had been able to connect to them like I had with those of FFVII, FFT or even FFVIII. I think because there's just not that much interaction between them.
    I agree with this assessment completely. Personally, I loved the mark hunts, made the game for me. Characters started strong but didn't hold up - like DR said, not much interaction and little to no development later in the game.
    Last edited by LockeJV; 10-02-2007 at 08:45 PM.

The Man called Wil Wilfredo Martinez's Avatar
    Well, the FF franchise has rarely disappointed me (the only game I never finished was FF Tactics 2. I dunno, I just got bored. I'll try it again someday.) Usually, if I don't like some element, the rest make up for it (I hated the story in FF Tactics, but loved the job system so much I played it twice just to fool around with it.) So, I'm willing to give FF12 a shot- especially since it's so cheap now. Maybe after Wild Arms 5.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Sijo

i'll check out VI, as long as its not too long, i have so many games lined up and its hard to try to fit them all in. all of which are final fantasy lol. XII is too long for my taste, my friend bought it and played it for like 80 hours and i sat there and watched him play it the whole damn time. lol watching him try to beat Gilgamesh was amusing, i love how he had the Brotherhood, Buster Sword, and Gunblade. idk what the other sword was. i also dont have a PS2 so that kinda limits my selection a little, i'm gonna try to borrow my friend's. btw should i play the origninal Tactics or should i wait and play The War of the Lions, since it'll be the original with extras in it? i think i should play the original, cuz i got a lot of shit for not playing the actual IV and just the Advance version.

GER~NADE!! Something's got to change! Killmore's Avatar
    I don't remember all of the swords he whipped out durring the fights, but I do remember that one of the swords he pulled out was a copy of the Wyrm Hero Sword, otherwise known as The Sword of Loto A.K.A. The Sword of Edrick from the early Dragon Quest games.

As for which FFT you want to get. It would mostly depend on whether or not you're willing to shell out for a PSP. If you already have or plan to get a PSP then by all means get TWotL. If don't have one and you are not planning on getting one just stick to the original and print out a better translation of the script to read along with.

Also some advice for your friend. Don't forget to steal all of the Genji Equipment from Gilgamesh because he's got the only set. (Also, don't feel bad about missing some of the pieces. Just make sure you get the gloves as they are one of the best accessories in the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mog Knight
    i'll check out VI, as long as its not too long
    30-40 hours. GBA Advance version was good; a direct port from the cart with a few extras and improved translation. You could also play the rom. The SNES cart (remember, it was called FF3 for SNES) is expensive. Don't play the PSX anthology version, I don't know what Sony was smoking when they released it but the load times are unbearable.

ya he managed to get the gloves, he was a happy camper.

that doesn't seem too bad, my friend works at a Game Crazy so i could get a copy easy. plus he owns ever final fantasy on their original platforms, it's awesome.

Varkken
    Wow, I just finished reading every post in this thread. Hope itís not effecting my judgement. Allot less FF7 obsessors then I would have thought. Also Iím going to forgo the roman numerals, mostly to annoy those who are super anal about it and secondly to do so as I donít recall it being done much in this entire thread. Also with the release of Anthologies and Chronicles Iím going to count Chrono Trigger and by association its sequel Chrono Cross as FF games. Favorite to least favorite with longer explanations then you need.

Final Fantasy 6, The second in the series that I played. Wonderful characters, good story ( I was surprised when the world ended, but the game did not), the most psychopathic villain in the series. My second favorite summon system. Three different styles of blue mage a moogle and a yeti.

Chrono Trigger, New Game +. The first really good use of new game plus and built around time manipulation so it even works into the story (never actually mentioned in the story, but a very small reasonable step). All the right minds came together at the right time to make a nearly perfect RPG, Technically better then my actual favorite.

Final Fantasy Tactics, My first taste of tactical RPGís that I did not despise. A story so involved that I actually did not make all of the connections my first time through (for me that was a real shocker). My Biggest fault with the game is that it was to short at four chapters and I was looking forward to having to fight every Zodiac Brave.

Final Fantasy X, I was caught off guard and sucked into the game from the opening with a heavy metal song. As the game reached 60% complete and I figured out just a little early what Tidus was. I hoped to the end that I was wrong for the sake of cheesy romance. Even so, the possession of sin by another entity (a gimmick used in multiple earlier FFs) totally floored me. A masterful game even hating the versatility of the grid system as I did (feeling that it robbed the characters of their unique usefulness).

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Hey donít flip out! Short, lame story each character has a picture a weapon and a place where you get them and that is it for ďcharacter developmentĒ, wonderful music and beatable in less then six hours even if you never heard of a video game before. The last is actually why I myself am fond of this game in particular. Often Iím way to busy to get sucked into an RPG, but Iíll find myself with five hours to kill in the middle of the night when I canít sleep (Iím almost ashamed to be proud of the fact My record is 4:11 of play time beating it with everything).

Final Fantasy 9, The learning of abilities from items was a neat idea, with a terrible execution. And the Excalibur II still mocks me (wait I swore to not use roman numerals so, Excalibur 2). The womanizing monkey getting the princess, ok fine not hated, but not great. Vivi, hell the little guy is awesome, and his story is awesome. Quina is an awesome implementation of an odd blue mage, which if you think about it is fairly odd in its own right. The summons and cut scenes were all beautiful. Not a masterpiece but a very solid game and if the rest of the series did not exist this game would still be at least a cult classic.

Final Fantasy 4, The First FF I ever played. For me this was the hook that pulled me off of the soccer team and into the life of a recluse. This and Zelda, a Link to the Past were all it took to trade my cleated shoes for remote controls. The hidden summon shields (killing hundreds of imps to learn the summon imp), the stories of redemption, and the fact that Golbez was far cooler then Cobra Commander. Did I mention the notion of a bad guy you never knew about until the last second who happens to be possessing what you think is the last guy?

Varkken
    Intermission, ladee da da, happy day!
    Last edited by Varkken; 10-21-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Varkken
    Final Fantasy 7, Iím not a fan boy. I did not even like Cloud as an arrogant bad ass, but when his memories started to shift and he Broke. Suddenly I liked him allot, Suddenly he was a bad ass, even more so since he no longer realized he was or for the fact that he had all the wrong reasons to believe so in the first place. The jump from Super Nintendo to Playstation made the music capable of deeper sound quality, and the game does not fail you. Here the first really cool FF cutscenes were introduced and I still want that damn bike!

Final Fantasy 1, This is the game that started it all and for me whenever anything has a long legacy it is worth the time to see how it all began. Even as humble a beginning as this you can see all most all the ground work for classes, enemies and even story line development in relation to villains being set. A good portion of the music in the series we love today evolved from these primitive tones.

Final Fantasy 12, Gambits are awesome. The play system made me think over and over again that if FF11 was more like this Iíd have loved the game. I did not like how they brought back the grid system and tried to trick us into thinking it was something new by making it look like the periodic table of elements. Oh looks like I just learned Oxygen, wait it was Reflectga? The License system has many flaws, but the game is abnormally fun and Iím not even sure why I liked it so much.

This is the divider line, above this are games I loved, below.... well I managed to beat most of them, which Implies that I enjoyed them, even though Iím going to complain allot after this.

Kingdom Hearts, not strictly an FF, but definitely not not FF (I love double negatives). To be honest mostly I loves the music and the gummi ships. I found the odd combination of Disney and Final Fantasy disturbing (happy endings meets the series where the whole world ends halfway through a game). Even with the surreal it had a decent story and solid game play.

Chrono Cross, The illusive sequel to Chrono Trigger. I loved this game all the way tel the end. The fact that you have to beat the last boss with a special combo of spells to get an ending really sucks, what if a player did not go on all the side quests or even if they did it was not very specific that it was for the last boss. I mean come on NO ending but a girl leaning on a chain link fence, what the hell? I can understand having to do that to get a special better ending, but over all that turned the game into an equivalent of Rampage for me. Some of my favorite music and characters designs riddle this disappointing game.

Final Fantasy 8, An overly complex and entirely pointless GF and Draw system made this game way too easy. Iíd almost go so far as to say if you ever actually cast a spell you were an idiot. Why cast ultima when having it junctioned to a stat made your attack do max damage?... more then casting it would do. Despite this the game still has some of the best cutscenes from any game Iíve ever played, sweet summons (giant Cactuar? Doom Train, Gilgamesh, Ect) and intriguing characters, until muppet baby syndrome takes place and you realize the world has exactly twenty characters who are all tied to an orphanage, oh and they all forgot about it. If you are illiterate, Play this game it will be your Favorite FF (Sarcasm included Iím well aware those who canít read canít read this).

Kingdom Hearts II, In a long line of Square and or SquarEnix making sequels, that is all this game was. There is nothing wrong with this game, but just being a sequel does not make a game great, or even good. Great music, graphics, nice obvious twist on first into a continuation, etc... blah blah.

Final Fantasy X-2, Tidus is gone. In real life people die and others have to move on, but that is sad and tragic. No matter how happy you try to make it, playing a game about a girl trying to get over her dead boy friend while constantly finding glimmers of false hope that heís still alive is terrible. Lets all play who can eat the most rainbow colored razor blades, yeah fun! The skimpy outfits are a plus that will get a-typical FF type people to play. And actually other then what I complained about already, this is a very solid fun game with extremely cheerful music.

Final Fantasy 5, I never beat this game. Just could not hold my attention. I love the job system. From what I have read I have only one huge dungeon left to beat this game. I wonder if I ever will?

Final Fantasy 3, Allot like five. The game just got to me way to late in my life. Iím busy and through no fault of the game itself I have no real interest in finishing it, but unlike five I donít even remember very much about it.

Final Fantasy 2, How did any more sequels get made after this? I never beat five, but I did beat this, Iím sad with myself. The series was still young and Iím glade it worked out some major problems by dropping them after this game.

Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus, or am I playing watered down Devil May cry? Square Iím glade your trying to expand your industry out of strict turn based RPGís, but please donít do it with well established cornerstone series known for being RPGís. Vincent is pretty cool. Also was it just me or did this actually create plot holes in the original FF7, that were nicely wrapped up before?

Final Fantasy 11, Ok so getting into a team of real players is a benefit of MMORPGís, but it should NEVER be the only option. With a story line that falls into a category much closer to a lame attempt at a console game forced into an MMO. Square would have been much better off just Importing FF5's or FFTís job systems and just dumped popular characters from former FF games into famous FF locations that would not even make sense into the same world. This seems to be a game you either loved or hated, well I hated it.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, if you only count games with Final Fantasy in the title the original Tactics is my second favorite, how can this be my second to last favorite? The story seems to come straight out of the mind of a lobotomized kindergartner ďI want liv in Vid-E-O gam. Me Luv Moogies!Ē. That can be overlooked with cool characters and tons of cool items, Hell I love moogles! Battles unlike the first game have random LAWS. The game hated me, might be fun for you, but every battle I was stuck with ďcanít attack chocobosĒ or the like and an enemy group of chocobos. It also gets a nock further down the list then it would simply because I donít like handhelds.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Is this an FF game? Seriously? WTF?

Zakiller2000
    The FF games I've played so far, listed in numbered order with a place for least/most favorite in brackets.

FF1: A (2nd. The only FF game (so far) where my characters hit Lv. 99)
    FF2: B (6th.)
    FF3: A- (Tied for 3rd.)
    FF4: B+ (5th.)
    FF5: A- (Tied for 3rd.)
    FF6: A+ (1st. The first FF game I played, and my favorite of all.)
    FF7: B- (7th.)

I've never really played anything beyond FF7, except for FF8, which I only played 20 minutes of total. (Rather not form an opinion on it without playing it for at least an hour, tops.) Might be able to borrow FF12 soon though, and from what I hear (And read in here), it sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Zakiller2000; 10-31-2007 at 06:23 AM.

FF6: A++ The best, bar none. It had what no other FF game had. An open environment that allowed you to go anywhere you wished at any time after getting halfway through the game. All others (especially the Playstation versions) are very linear, without much of a doubt. Which is why anybody whom had played the NES or SNES versions first would agree, people who got into FF with FF7 tend to look back at the retro sprites and go "eww" at face value. There is much in this game that has not been present in any other version.
    FF4: A
    FF5: B+
    FF Tactics: B+
    FF3: B+
    FF7: B+ (Promoted back to B+, was only a B to punish the rampant fanboys I see all over the net. It's tied for third best.)
    FF10: B (Pushed the limits of the PS2 pretty far for its time. Fairly good story)
    FF9: B (Fun game, tries to tie all the previous ones together)
    FF1: B- (Lack of much in the way of story, but this classic will live forever. This game was supposed to be Square's final game as their only big huge selling game before it was Rad Racer)
    FFTA: B-
    FF8: B-
    FFMQ: C-
    FF2: D (The stat levelling system was tedious and hard)
    FF Crystal Chronicles D (would be B+ if you didn't require gameboys for multiplayer)
    FF12: D- (The battle system is different, but if I wanted to still play that type of game I'd pay monthly for WoW)
    FF11: D- (Online only... that hurts... If they made FF Online and FF11 seperate it would be cool)
    FFX-2: F (The way they run in Mog costumes looks ridiculous. This game is purely eye candy for the lonely gentle(or maybe rough)man)
    Last edited by Khalbrae; 11-30-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalbrae View Post
    FF6: A++ The best, bar none. It had what no other FF game had. An open environment that allowed you to go anywhere you wished at any time after getting halfway through the game.
    X-2 was rather non-linear.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJV View Post
    X-2 was rather non-linear.
    You were confined to the airship, and could only select where you wanted to go via a menu. And there were only a handful of locales throughout the entire game (and they were all the same as FFX).

Smile

That's the thing I missed most in moving from game to game, getting to drive the airship. The airships are awesome, no doubt, but driving them around the world map is better.
    IzzieV^.^V

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

"The Brave do not fear the Grave"-Final Fantasy 7

Year of the dog- Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amiable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged.

ExDeath
    Naturally Final Fantasy V

Great Music
    Great Gameplay
    ...Generic-ish plot...but whatever

Vixen
    FF VIII A
    FF VII A-
    FF X B
    FF XII B-
    FF X-2
    FF IX C
    FF VII - DoC C-

Notes : 8, is before 7, because, it was the first FF-game I got from my man as a xmas present, and the first I ever played.... somewhere 1999, and there's no turning back since then. n___n
    These listed above, are the one's I currently also own.
    Despite the bad comments about X-2, I actually liked the game and thought that the background story of Lenne and Shuyin was and is good and interesting. There are great opportunities for writing fanfics of that one... my opinion. :D
    X and X-2, both final battless are somewhat too easy and well, not challenging enough.

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite. My first Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy IIIj.

My other favorite Final Fantasy games:
    Final Fantasy Tactics (if you count it)
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VI is definitely one of the best FFs out there, but the topic is about "favorites", and it is not one of my favorites.
    "Let's mosey!" ~Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

fav ffs

ff vii - A+
    ff viii - A+
    ff iii - A+
    ff iv - B+
    ff vi - B
    ff x - B
    ff x-2 - B
    ff ix - F

FF 2- A+, One of the best plots I've ever seen, great characters, good game play, and an addicting amount of battles.
    FF 3(Remake)- B+, Okay plot, great game play( I do love a challenge), okay characters.
    FF 10- A, Nice plot, good game play, sphere grid is a nice change to leveling up, and compelling antagonists and protagonists.
    FF 12- A++, Great plot, amazing characters, combat system is a nice tweak to ATB, awesome graphics, license board is a good revision of the sphere grid, and the marks and pirate's den are fun to complete.
    FF 12 Revenant Wings- A-, Good plot, combat works well with the touch screen, good graphics for a DS game, less RPG than I hoped for.
    FF Tactics-A-, Good turn-based combat, nice plot, side quests are fun to do, and the level/job system is well done.
    Last edited by DarkBallad939393; 06-08-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Spiteful Crow
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    B-

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was a very good game.

The graphics were well done and cute. The music was very well executed. The humor was cute. In fact the over riding theme of Mystic Quest could be summed up with the word, "cute". However, people who were into Final Fantasy were so used to having nearly perfect games, they just looked at the games many, but negilible flaws and decided "Oh, its crap" and threw it in the garbage bin.

Its the same thing as throwing a Big Mac in the trash even though it was cheap, large, and tasted good just because it wasn't as fresh or AS good as a Whopper at Burger King.

Now, my grade assumes that Final Fantasy is an outstanding video game series to begin with, so actually, if this were just a solid game review, it would get a B grade.

Let me explain, the story, although simple, is actually strongly executed because of its simplicity. The simplicity of it, combined with a mixture of cute and serious tone makes it appropriate with everything else about it. It is a story of aiding others and defending the weak against tyranny.

Also, quirks in the game, as the Old Man being Spoiler: The Crystal of Light starting a rumor, makes the game more enjoyable. It is also slightly heart warming due to emotional connections with characters that you barely meet.

Thread Information