Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Post your art here :)

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta... Kasey's Avatar
    Just because you're not Michaelangelo doesn't mean its not good. I think its cute :) The face is nice.
    The colors reminded me of the pokemon Dratini (or was it Dragonair? I mix them up) which I used to be able to draw so well. Made me really cool in 5th grade. Good memories.
    Last edited by Kasey; 07-16-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Bringing excessive social awkwardness to the Agora est. 2009

Kage
    =) thanks Kasey

Well, I draw a lot, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to post some of my stuff, ahaha.

A landscape I drew for a friend of mine a few weeks ago. First time I ever did anything like this actually. c:

Picture I drew for another friend of mine, of her character Edwige. Ain't he cute?

Fanart of Vanya from The Umbrella Academy. (I love music themed characters like this, haha)

Just some coloring practice I did, but I like it. This is a character of mine, Gugielmus.

Aaand a painting I did for school. It was a color mixing exercise where we had to try and copy a famous artist's painting. I chose Alphonse Mucha because I really admire his work...it was pretty hard getting all those details down. -has no experience with painting-

Sorry for such a long post.
    The star maker says it ain't so bad
    The dream maker's gonna make you mad
    The spaceman says everybody look down
    It's all in your mind

Spaceman - The Killers

Damn. O_O I could never ever get into painting sceneries myself. Just.. characters and shapes, don't have the eye for depth.

I've been getting back to sketching and whatnot, took a position in our student board designing party invitation posters and other PR stuff, mainly because I've been getting positive feedback *still feels like 90% of his stuff should end up in a shredder*

Oh yeah, I won't bother uploading them here (better waste just one bandwidth, eh?) The usual place: Galleria.
    "Magic is impressive, but now, Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!"

Just keep drawing, you'll get better as long as you practice. c:

Anywho, it'd be waaay too long to post here, but I just completed a comic last night, you can look at it here:

http://kirokokori.deviantart.com/art...tion-134146865

I can't credit myself with the drawings though, my friend Sam did those. She drew the whole thing, I scripted and colored it.
    It's all in your mind

Spaceman - The Killers

Guess who's been having a stint doing posters for student parties and events? Spoiler: It's me.

MAGIC IS IMPRESSIVE, BUT NOW, MABATSEKKER LEADS! ELF TACKLING FOR EVERYONE!

There's some other new stuff too, but I don't feel like THAT much spamming my junk around :F
    "Magic is impressive, but now, Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!"

Picture I finished a couple of days ago for a friend:

I'm pretty proud of it. C:

Also that poster looked nice Mabat, I like the poses.
    It's all in your mind

Spaceman - The Killers

It's pretty tall, but I like it! I especially like the background's progession from top to bottom.

Here's a poster I did in Illustrator of me and two friends in a Left 4 Dead-esk poster. My friend Zoe was supposed to be in it, but the reference picture I took of her wasn't very good and I had already left to go home for break by the time I realized this:

Alternative Title: Raining Blood | Forecast: Cloudy, with a High Chance of DEATH.
    I will do what I can.
    It is the most that can be asked of us,
    and the least that any of us should be willing to give. ~Caderlly
    , Night Masks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
    "You aren't half the man I used to be"

Female Bounty Hunter based on Concept Art for Old Republic. Done for part of a project in class so I was limited to using only primary colors.
    I will do what I can.
    It is the most that can be asked of us,
    and the least that any of us should be willing to give. ~Caderlly
    , Night Masks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
    "You aren't half the man I used to be"

Runaway Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Kei View Post
    All this stuff looks really good. ^^ I'll post some of mine, once I finally get some done. >.>
    The armor looks pretty good, and the shading is neat, but the possition looks kinda... weird.

Hi Guys,

Well the art around these forums seems to have been very quiet for a while, so I hope to breathe some new life into it! :P I'll start by posting this picture I created a few months back. Hand drawn and scanned onto a PC, then coloured and shaded using Photoshop. Feel free to comment/critique (constructively of course ^^)

Btw, do I post it here or do I make a new thread for people to comment on it?
    Last edited by helios19; 03-23-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Mad Duck
    @helios19 Really nice. Did you use a reference when you drew it? I only ask because your perspective it a little off. The hand on the left side is too small given the angle and seem awkwardly positioned. The color is really nice. Your drawing style is kind of like magic school bus meets heavy metal, its really great.

Okay I've been debating to share this with the RPGC group, so here goes.

I drew this almost 7+ years ago. Hand draw and scaned, edited with a photo-editing program from the windows and then cleaned some morw with gimp (I think).
    Last edited by talaie; 05-10-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added artwork

Quote Originally Posted by talaie View Post
    @helios19 Really nice. Did you use a reference when you drew it? I only ask because your perspective it a little off. The hand on the left side is too small given the angle and seem awkwardly positioned. The color is really nice. Your drawing style is kind of like magic school bus meets heavy metal, its really great.
    Thanks Talaie! No, I didn't use a reference... I'm not used to do it that way, lol! I just pick up my pencil and start drawing and see what I get! xD You're right though, I have got that comment regarding the left arm form many people... but I haven't bothered to change it lol! I just did this in my spare time, it's not an actual final piece of work or anything! :P

Wow! considering you drew your picture 7 years ago, it's pretty awesome! I believe it's the black mage from FF standing in water, am I right? I like the whole textured feel of it! Perhaps you could add in some extra shading to give it more mood and atmosphere.

Mad Duck
    Quote Originally Posted by helios19 View Post
    Wow! considering you drew your picture 7 years ago, it's pretty awesome! I believe it's the black mage from FF standing in water, am I right? I like the whole textured feel of it! Perhaps you could add in some extra shading to give it more mood and atmosphere.
    Thanks and your right it is a a black mage from the FF series but not The Balck Mage. The texure feel happen when I scaned the pic. The orginal had more shadow to it. I had to remove some of it because it didn't come through on the scanner all that well. I've never been able to really figure out the exacte mood of the pic so I just leave it this way. One day it will truly be finished.

Hm...*blows dust off* Guess I can post some of my new art here :D It has evolved since the last time I posted in here...three years ago >.> <.<;

My friends SWTOR smuggler...

and my Jedi. Though I have returned to the crack that is WoW as personally SWTOR was disappointing. So was ME3. Bioware is getting hate mail this year from me for Xmas.

[18:33] < Nocturn > I can blow even lower!

@Alyx: Wow! very nice illustrations! I'm guessing you used Adobe Illustrator (if not, Photoshop?) The only minor issue i noticed was the left foot of the girl in the first picture; It should be bigger (in terms of perspective) Apart from that, they are awesome... I really like your coloring/shading. Good work!

Thanks! The first one was a sketch I inked and colored from a friend and while I did some perspective tweaking I left most of it the same. xD

I use photoshop after I scan in the sketches to ink and color usually. I've been trying to do it all digital but I'm still getting the hang of sketching on a computer.

Hey, not bad at all. I've seen published comics with a similar art level, well done! What were your drawing inspirations in general?

edit: Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Rigmarole; 04-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

For those two it was Star Wars the Old Republic. While I still played I was on an RP server and the two characters actually were tied together. The smuggler while she tended to act like a hard ass, was really kind hearted though a bit more practical than the Jedi. The Jedi Knight just recently passed her trials and still was a bit hero worshipping of the Order at the time. It was interesting to see them grow.

I tried to get the casual jokester feel to the smuggler - the one with the sock - since she was always a positive thinker and kind.

For the Jedi I was trying to work her determination and her tendency to be more of a grump into the mood.

RP usually is my motivation for my art as having a story and an emotion to what I'm drawing tends to work better for me.

Like this was done for a friends birthday of two characters in a book she is trying publish. The two are close friends sharing a moment :)

Thread Information