Thread: Hah, tattoo lovers got suckered

Bringing booblights back in style Zero's Avatar

Hah, tattoo lovers got suckered

Typical undead flirting: Roses are Gray. Violets are Gray. I'm DEAD and COLORBLIND.
    I used to be schizophrenic, but we're okay now. - Fei, after Xenogears

11!!!3gass3ml4n1m1lbus
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity."
    - Albert Einstein

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Weiila: Huzzah! Another game I'll be able to play with my toes while drunk!

Unassuming Local Guy JFGemini107's Avatar
    I've got to agree on that. I wouldn't like to be called something that's not me b/c of something on me.
    Gemini's Theorem of Negative Money:

1. If you owe someone a certain negative amount of money, then they owe you that in positive money
    2. the same applies to everyone else

Classic ClothHat flavor ClothHat's Avatar
    Haw haw
    Still rocks

While this would be freakin AWESOME, it kinda seems like a hoax, a. cause the workers in a chinese restaurant read the japanese - while the characters are similar, for an actual sentence/phrase like that, the representations in the two languages wouldn't be close. I mean, maybe Japanese people work in a chinese restaurant, but I doubt it, it just isn't done really, and b. those are katakana characters (used to phonetically represent foreign words that don't have translation directly into japanese) inked on the girl's back in the photo, and as far as I can tell/remember they signify "ieroomobu" - pronounced eeayroumoboo, which as far as I can tell means nothing. So uhh...yeah. That's my take on it anyway.

But it would be totally kickass if it wasn't a hoax.

-Mazrim Taim
    "You know, when a tomato grows out of your forehead, it gets you thinking. What do we know about anything? Life is just a big, wild, crazy tossed salad. But you don't eat it; no sir! You live it! Isn't it great? Isn't it great?" - The Tick

"...In lieu of copulating he creates; in the circle of his influence conflict is stilled and the harmony of a profound peace established. He is able to love not only individuals of the opposite sex but all individuals, everything that breathes, in fact. This quiet sort of triumph strikes a chill in the heart of the ordinary man, for not only does it make him visualize the loss of his meagre sex life but the loss of passion itself, passion as he knows it. This sort of liberation, which smashes his thermometrical gauge of feeling, represents itself to him as a living death. The attainment of a love which is boundless and unfettered terrifies him for the very good reason that means the dissolution of his ego. He does not want to be freed for service, dedication and devotion to all mankind; he wants comfort, assurance and security, the enjoyment of his very limited powers. Incapable of surrender, he can never know the healing power of faith; and lacking faith he can never begin to know the meaning of love. He seeks release but not liberation, which is like saying that he prefers death instead of life."
    -Henry Miller, Obscenity and the Law of Reflection

In a good thread? You're welcome. Charlemagne's Avatar
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NO READY WORK ON DB! I'M SORRY!!! I CANT HELP BUT PROCRASTINATE!!!!!

Did the victims try to remove the tatoos?

1. If you owe someone a certain negative amount of money, then they owe you that in positive money

I'm Delicious in Japan Kero Hazel's Avatar
    I'm with Maz on this one. The katakana is pure gibberish. (Unless the "mo" is really a "ji" with the chon-chon out of place, and the last character has a maru instead of a chon-chon... then it'd say "yellow jeep". :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Ephyon View Post
    And you know you've got rage issues when of all people, Sin is the one commenting on them.

I once saw this similar article where this tattoo artist, right before he closed for good, tattoed the word "ugly boy" or something on some poor kid.

Are you ready... Let's rock! Heaven's Soldier's Avatar
    I guess that teaches you to at least have a look at what the sybmol should look like, before getting it done, so you know whether you have been screwed or not, before leaving.
    He returns, like a phoenix, rising from the ashes...

...with DRILLS everywhere!

The Greatest Defender of Freedom and Liberty on These Boards The 984's Avatar
    If you look around the rest of the site, you can tell it's fake.

Still, that would be a good prank to pull on people.
    OBEY
    The 984 Has Spoken

A fascination with masked men. Evangelion's Avatar
    Even if it was fake, it probably happened before but that's still insanely funny. How frustrating.

Although this page looks like a hoax, it's really common to see people tattooing japanese/chinese symbols without knowing what they mean. Some famous actor here had a tattoo written "muryou" which means "free of charge". He had asked the tattooer to put a symbol that meant freedom. :P

If I ever get a tattoo, it'll be in frickin' English.
    Rar.

The internet has left me in dispair! demigod's Avatar
    Stupid ignorant yuppies get what they deserve, sounds good to me.

Hexplosive Personality BahamutXero's Avatar
    I don't like tattoos but that article was just hilarious. It just proves my quote in my sig so well.
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Didn't some female singer have that happen? She got a tattoo that turned out to actually translate to something odd...
    V is art.

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about thiss. I'll never get a tattoo, due to my violent phobia of needles.

Hexplosive Personality BahamutXero's Avatar
    Originally posted by GG Crono 4
    I don't think I'll ever have to worry about thiss. I'll never get a tattoo, due to my violent phobia of needles.
    You'd hate to have been me then GG!
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

I'm against putting tattoos on me, I would not put something on that I can't get off.

Alpha-Female of the RPGC Staff Weiila's Avatar
    Jing: Yeah, that was dear ol' Britney Spears. She got a tattoo which she thought meant "mystical" but turned out meaning "weird".
    New fanfic quote:

"I am indeed a spy, milord, but not for the enemies of Mordor or the Master. Instead, I serve a different master, a group called the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. Milord, have you ever heard of 'fanfiction'?"
    "Aye. A particularly odious form of sorcery, by all accounts."
    /.../
    "Yes. And have you heard of 'fangirls'?"
    "They are but a legend! A fearful legend, but a legend nonetheless."
    -Architeuthis of the Protectors of the Plot Continuum and High Nazgul of the Ringwraiths
    From "Intelligence Briefs for the PPC: The Beginning" by Architeuthis

Quote Originally Posted by darkling
    Orochimaru has joined the Baby-Sitter's Club.

A fascination with masked men. Evangelion's Avatar
    Really?I never heard about that, since when did BS have a tattoo? I bet the media was all over her (which is why I can't understand why I never read about it..it's funny when "celebrities" get ridiculed like that)

I believe that is fo fucking funny.. ahhaha.. lolollzz..
    As it is a hoax or not I hope that a bunch of people in oblvion who have read this learn something.

Thanks for reading this; and if you don't belive it is real, too bad because it is and please let me know what you think.

The lunatic is on the grass... Ren's Avatar
    I've seen people getting tatooed with japanese words on their backs without knowing what those words or kanjies mean. Japanese tatooers usually take a lot of fun on writting funny things, and people will think they have something cool on their backs and arms just because japanese is cool.

Angelina Jolie has a tatto of a thorned cross (or something) below her belly button, and a phrase that when translated out of the language its in (latin, I think) means "that which makes me, destroys me".

See, I want a tatto like that, but it would have to be something cool like that, not just something wacky. Something that means something.
    Still, to adorn his humble youth,
    Nor wealth nor birth their treasures yield;
    But he who seeks the flowers of truth,
    Must quit the garden for the field.

I'M A CONCEPT, WHAT ARE YOU? Nulani's Avatar

Box #1
    "Excuse me, do you know Chinese?"
    "No?"
    "Well, I do."
    Box #2
    "And I was just wondering: Has someone conned you, or have you tattooed 'ass' on purpose?"
    Box #4
    "You're evil."
    "Maybe so, but I'm a bastard (Closest word I could think of) at getting us seats."

It just seemed appropriate.
    -------------------

The lesson of this. Before you get a tattoo in a foreign language: Learn what it means.

That sounds like something I'd read in The Onion. I wish that was for real, because it's too funny for it to remain unreal. lol.

Thread Information