Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Welcoming Thread!

Once a Great Tit, Always a Great Tit Skankin' Garbage's Avatar

The New Welcoming Thread!

Aight, now that we're getting a slightly larger number of users, I thought I should make something like a thread to unite us. Basically, this is just a welcoming thread though :P

For those of you from the old community, while I act as a moderator, sfsakana and Dragon Flare will have authority (if they decide to come around now), and they will have the password for the subsite. I'll put up the main page in a few days, but I need to get some stuff straightened out with my fellow staff members.

For everyone, this place is basically a branch off of the RPGClassics community. The rules here, and in all parts of the Message Board, are pretty straight forward: Don't be mean, don't do stuff that sucks, no rom requests, yada yada. There will, however, be more leniency when linking to sites in THIS forum, because if you'll take a look at the threads here, a good deal of them are just links to SaGa-related resources.

Also, to note, the rest of the Message Boards are a fine place, as RPGClassics is a rather welcoming community compared to most. So, don't feel nervous to venture out of here. I think you'll find the rest of this place to be just as enjoyable, if not more enjoyable at times.

Lastly, I know this place is small, but if you guys want to set up a chat for this place sometime, I could register one. So, if you guys are up to that idea, we can discuss that right here.

Other than that, welcome to the boards, kids. :D

All my diggaz say WHAT!?

Spoiler: Magic (still) ROCKS!

http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/26/08)

Makes sense. I won't have much trouble following those rules, they are preetty much along the same lines as GameFAQS.com, which I know pretty well.
    Why do I have a sig?

Classic ClothHat flavor ClothHat's Avatar

Re: The New Welcoming Thread!

Originally posted by Skankin' Garbage
    Also, to note, the rest of the Message Boards are a fine place, as RPGClassics is a rather welcoming community compared to most. So, don't feel nervous to venture out of here. I think you'll find the rest of this place to be just as enjoyable, if not more enjoyable at times.
    *Hisssss hisssss*
    Still rocks

I don't think you're helping, CH =P
    Honest with outselves and with whatever is friend to us; courageous toward the enemy; generous toward the vanquished; polite--always: that is how the four cardinal virtues want us. -Friedrich Nietzsche, The Dawn

Lawyer: But what about that tattoo on your chest? Doesn't it say, "Die 984, Die?"
    Kagon: [conciliatorily] No, that's German for "The 984, The."
    Officer: No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Isn't St. Ajora also one of the people in charge? Or am I just drunk again?

I'm not in charge of anything last I checked. I'm just someone who is known as

A. Strong presence in the SaGa Community

B. Obsessed Freak who needs help.

St.Ajora
    I declare Sayaka (SaGa), Lynn (SaGa 2), Gloria (SaGa 3), Myriam (Romancing SaGa), Cat (Romancing SaGa 2), Tatyana (Romancing SaGa 3), Rei (SaGa Frontier), Meythia (SaGa Frontier 2) and Michelle (Unlimited SaGa) as "Miss SaGa" of their respective games. And my vote is greater than all!

pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika pikapikapikapikapika
    Oops, sorry about CH, he sprung a leak again. We'll send him to the shop for repairs right away!

Silence
    Hey all. Its great to see other SaGa Fanatics out there! I was beginning to think I was the only one...

I hope to learn alot from you guys. I am a Saga newb. Love it so far.

Ivon Sharuyin
    hey-ho everyone. been playing SaGa since I first got my gameboy many moons ago...Final Fantasy Legend II (aka SaGa II) was one of my first rpgs ever. Gods was it hard, but very rewarding to beat. I just got Unlimited SaGa recently and haven't "gotten into it yet," but I'm not giving up!

Budowear
    Hey all. I saw this website and decided to make a username, when I discovered I already had one here! I've been using this name for everything for quite a few years. And yes, it's great to see other SaGa fans out there. It's a place for this semi-obscure series. I hope this forum doesn't ever die.

Welcome. It's been awhile since I've been here. I've felt burned out by everything. I only remembered to come back because I saw Skanking's sig in a post at Gamefaqs awhile ago.
    I declare Sayaka (SaGa), Lynn (SaGa 2), Gloria (SaGa 3), Myriam (Romancing SaGa), Cat (Romancing SaGa 2), Tatyana (Romancing SaGa 3), Rei (SaGa Frontier), Meythia (SaGa Frontier 2) and Michelle (Unlimited SaGa) as "Miss SaGa" of their respective games. And my vote is greater than all!

Once a Great Tit, Always a Great Tit Skankin' Garbage's Avatar
    Yeah, Ajora, I just got back into the swing of things myself. Since my classes are almost over, I decided to pick up SaGa Frontier 2 again and finish my walkthrough (it'll be up on RPGC by monday probly :D), and I started Unlimited SaGa again. Even if I'm not that big on the game, I think I'm at least gonna finish Laura's scenario, so I can feel content. Then maybe I'll do other ones if I feel the desire to afterwards. MAYBE. :P

All my diggaz say WHAT!?

Spoiler: Magic (still) ROCKS!

http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/26/08)

Mad Duck
    Hey, I've just joined this community recently, but I've been on the SaGa Frontier and USaGa boards at GameFAQS for a while, and have been a SaGa Fan since `98 or so, when me and a couple of friends all got SaGa Frontier 1 within a week of each other and started playing like crazy. I've since played SaGa 2 and 3, SaGa Frontier 2 and USaGa. I Loved them all, w/SaGa 3 being the weakest by far, but still fun. I've been dying to get any of the RS games, but i only recently got a computer (still no home internet), and have had an evil time getting RS3, (I still need DirectX 8.0+).

Favorite Characters from SaGas (in no particular order)
    Gen, Roufas, Mesarthim, Silence, Ruby, Sapphire, Lynn, Meythia, Cordelia, Gustave, Anzan and Silver Girl.

Angry

Fuckin' right on. A community that understands the greatness of the SaGa series. Everywhere else I go, it's Final Fantasy babbling from alleged "long time fans" who've never played 1 through 5.
    Anyway, I've played all of them with the exception of RS1 and RS2 (since they're not translated). RS3 is my personal favorite, and I played through Julian's scenario like 6 times, Mikhails, Katalinas, and I'd started Harids before I bought Unlimited. Unlimited I managed to pull off Laura, Kurt, Judy, Mythe, and Ventus' scenarios before falling into the same fate I did with Chrono Trigger. Endless, nonstop playing until I take a break for 2 or 3 days. And when I get back, bam, I'm bored.
    Fear me
    How is business? It is getting better.

Greatness?

I guess that's the reason why I don't see any Unlimited Saga thread, eh?

Nah, I played Saga Frontier 2 before getting stuck, but I enjoyed,a nd I have yet to really get into RS3 yet. Unlimited Saga just bores me.

Hi there! ^_^

deepdownTraumaHound
    Hello there. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I look forward to spending some time here.
    BTW, I've completed SaGa 1-3, own (but have yet to play, due to lack of time) SaGa fRONTIER I, II and U SaGa, and have never played the RS's.

Welcome. I still need to play RS2 myself. I'm still waiting off for more of a translation. I'm surprised I guessed my way through RS1.

deepdownTraumaHound
    Thank you, Ajora. I've seen your name a lot over on GameFAQs. (My name over there is Chronic PokeAbuser, in case you wanted to know.) How is Romancing Saga III? I have the ROM, but nowhere near enough time to play it. (Actually, I have nowhere near enoguh time to play ANY games.) When I get closer to actually playing it, I'll ask a few more pointed questions.

Romancing SaGa 3 is great. For one thing the side quests are better in terms of story than later SaGas. As things actually happen. I'm actually replaying it again. I've beaten every quest but Mikhail's quest. Which I won't play. Oh yes the only real problem I see with RS3 is the eight main quests except for a few quirks are the same. Ie there is not much difference between them.

RPGfreakmonkeyguy

*is welcomed*

Hey thanks for the welcome. I initially thought that the freedom to curse would drive everyone to idiocy like on the ytmnd forums, but I guess I was mistaken.

BTW, I got here via StAjora's quote on GameFAQs, so he gets a Dragon Sword. Speaking of which, I just got one. 72 AP... gawd...

I just realized I never actually posted an intro for myself. Considering it's about 20 minutes 'til Christmas, now is as good a time as any, I guess.

Hi, I'm Blair. Many details about me (sex, location, age) are already in the sidebar I'm pretty sure, so I don't know what else to say. I have a degree with double honours in biology and chemistry. I have a LiveJournal, but it's usually boring or whiny or stupid. Then again, most LJs are. I help write the Returners' FFRPG in my spare time.

I've been playing SaGa games since I got my hands on the very first one, some time back in junior high school. I remember seeing a few pics of Romancing SaGa in an old Nintendo Power, and being very distraught that I could not get a copy of it in English. Discovering the internet (and getting to play SaGa Frontier) helped my SaGa obsession grow to what it is today. SaGa Frontier II is my favorite, though I have yet to really play RS, RS2 or USaGa. I'm eagerly awaiting RS:Minstrel Song. I came to these boards back when the SaGa Maniac Community was about to die, and space on these boards was graciously allocated for us to continue to obsess over this wonderful series.

And that's all I've got. Now back to lurking.
    My LiveJournal. Read at your own risk.

Lots of SaGa fans in here I guess. I'm a big of Saga Frontier, even though it does have a feeling of incompleteness, and I really liked how the characters in that game powered up (Preferred Humans, with mecs as a close second). I have SaGa Frontier 2, and I did get pretty far (Gustave's forces keep killing me though, so I can't go any further) and I gave Unlimited SaGa a spin. That game is probably very deep, but it gave me the sense that the whole thing was a rushed project with little effort put in. The faces didn't even emote a little bit. It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who faced a tragic thing when his portrait is giving a goofy grin while he's screaming "Nooooooo"
    Current project:
    Legacy of Affinity: The world of Dreiga has just survived a bloody war, and now each of the former warring nations are sending representatives to route out the real problem. (Started. PM to join)

Red Knight: (Under heavy construction)

I personally like Mystics the best in SaGa Frontier followed by monsters. Humans and Mechs, I'm not sure where I'd place them. As for SaGa Frontier. Yeah the Battle of Southmound if that's the one you mean can be annoying for many. Still beating it was kind of fun. As for Unlimited SaGa I love it, but they could have at least made some more effort animation wise. Honestly what's the point in advertising a new graphics thing if you are barely going to use it? In general the SaGa games need more fleshing out.

Osky-chan
    Greetings, people!!!! Saw recently the message boards and decided to join. I've been a big fan of RPGs, and one of the game series that I love most is the Saga series. I own Saga Frontier I and II, and Unlimited Saga. I also had RS3 on emulator, but a hard disk crash made me lose it (darn it!!!). I really got all the juice from the first PSX Saga game, playing all characters stories once or twice (haven't seen all endings though). I even have a Memory Card reserved for this game only.

Next is Saga Frontier 2. It was a really great story, with lots of depth and intrigue. I really loved this game though I still have missed some of the techs and weapons. This game would really had been better if the Pocketstation came to America, but the game was pretty enjoyable with it.

At first glance, I looked down at USaga because of the screenshots, but then I decided to buy it after someone told me of the price. While I haven't been able to play it a lot (studies, Disgaea and SNES emulatros the cause), I found the game to be very enjoyable. I havent gotten through all the characters yet (only Kurt and Mythe), but sooner or later I'll attempt to play the game at its full length. That is, if I can sort out my time to play it some more.

Johan_Lonely
    i remember saint ajora.
    at saga frontier 1 board at gamefaqs.

THE PRETTIEST FROG IN THIS ENTIRE POND!! DonutKnight's Avatar
    I think I used to be at the SaGa Maniac Community, but I joined shortly before it died, and all I really used was the chat room, anyway. I remember St. Ajora, and..two other people, though I probably couldn't recognize them by name. I think one of them had Theta or Thena or something in her name, and the other one had Dragon in her name and posted at GameFAQs. I think..

Edit: Hell, I'm not even sure if I used this name there.
    Last edited by DonutKnight; 08-06-2005 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.

Gray
    Hi there.
    Good to see there are other Fans of the SaGa series.
    Romancing SaGa 3 was my first one (English translation of course), afterwards i bought SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa (didn't like it though). Right now I started playing RS: Minstrel Song.

And sorry if my English isn't good, it's not my native language.

Hey, I'm back
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    Every time I looked at Ashe though, I felt like stating how small her boobs were.

Thread Information