Thread: Final Fantasy on PSP

Final Fantasy on PSP

They're pretty cheap now, right? I wanna play Final Fantasies 7 and 8 and am not buying a PS3. Are these available through the PSN Store on PSP?
    Still, to adorn his humble youth,
    Nor wealth nor birth their treasures yield;
    But he who seeks the flowers of truth,
    Must quit the garden for the field.

You can play PS1 games on the PSP. I'm not sure you can play the PSN versions on the PSP, you may need to simply dl PS1 rips and play them via a hacked PSP.
    It's no measure of health to be well adapted to a profoundly sick society
    Too much angst sucks, seriousness is overrated, melodrama is comedy.

"I fear that one day zeppy will end up hanging himself by his wang from the ceiling fan out of despair for his wasted life" - a concerned citizen

If your only tool's a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Ted Roosevelt

Every time I visit the Staff Forums, it's a new lesson in dysfunction - VE

"Bacteria is a secular attempt to explain away evil"

"Human life is a sexually transmitted disease."

Mi-Mi-Mikuru Beam! Dragons Revenge's Avatar
    All PSone classics can be downloaded onto the PSP.
    CHECK THIS RIFF, IT'S FUCKING TASTY!

I totally did not know this.. I'm going to get one. Now :)

The PSP version of FF1? I just bought the $10 "PSP Favorite" edition (which it seems is just a sticker on the old packaging. I didn't think they'd want to reprint it after old stock was sitting on shelves so long. :P)
    Unfortunately I wonder if my PSP screen might be slightly damaged now. It looks dirty, but wiping it won't come clean. It doesn't seem to affect visibility but it's annoying to look at on bright screens, where it's apparent.

I know FF7 can, but isn't there an issue with PS1 games that used the analog sticks (since the PSP maps L2/R2 to either the D-Pad or the thump pad). Or does that just mean you can only play them in non-analog-controller mode?
    I ask because FF7 is actually the only PSOne Classic PSN game I've downloaded (though I've been thinking about others).

There used to be PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII; I've played them both. Bigger screen (+usb controller) vs portability
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

Yeah, but there are only a few of the PS3 franchises that interest me, like LBP, God of War and MGS. I'm not gonna buy a PS3 for that, especially since now I can get the PS1 Classics and portable versions of those titles on my PSP.

I checked and you can if you can dl PSN games without a PS3 onto a PSP.
    It's no measure of health to be well adapted to a profoundly sick society
    Too much angst sucks, seriousness is overrated, melodrama is comedy.

"I fear that one day zeppy will end up hanging himself by his wang from the ceiling fan out of despair for his wasted life" - a concerned citizen

If your only tool's a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Ted Roosevelt

Every time I visit the Staff Forums, it's a new lesson in dysfunction - VE

"Bacteria is a secular attempt to explain away evil"

"Human life is a sexually transmitted disease."

ookay..

Anyway, this things kinda nifty. I like it a lot better than a DS, that's for sure, if only for the store. Since buying it and Final Fantasy VII (which I haven't played in years and am really enjoying) I picked up Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep, MGS: Peace Walker, and a God of War game. Peace Walker is a disappointment so far, but I think I can mess with the controls to make it work for me. God of War is good, but it's really.. exactly what I thought it would be. Didn't see the threesome coming, though, the rest of the game plays out like a lot of other games I've played. Birth By Sleep is.. awesome. It's gobbled up the most tie besides FF7.

Is there a PSP owner without GoW? It seems one of the go-to games for the system.
    She sensed intelligence behind this rigmarole, but it was meaningless to her.

...those who regard me as effete, arrogant, distanced. [Interviewer: All of which is true, of course.] [Banville:] Of course!

Forsaken one
    Yeah guys awesome trailer and this game not take too much space on pc and tools are easy to play so keep enjoying and be ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigmarole View Post
    Is there a PSP owner without GoW? It seems one of the go-to games for the system.
    Yea dude, I hate that game.
    The Brevard County doctor who was arrested for groping a woman while dressed as Captain America with a burrito in his pants will not go to jail.

Thread Information