Thread: Don't you just LOVE Kanye West?

Eliza leaned out of the carriage and put out her hand,-a hand as soft and beautiful as was given in return. She fixed her large, dark eyes, full of earnest meaning, on Mrs. Bird's face, and seemed going to speak. Her lips moved,-she tried once or twice, but there was no sound,-and pointing upward, with a look never to be forgotten, she fell back in the seat, and covered her face. The door was shut, and the carriage drove on.-Harriet Beecher Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin

I don't quite know what to say, but I can't help laughing,if only for the white guy who'se name I can't remember's unease.
    It's no measure of health to be well adapted to a profoundly sick society
    Too much angst sucks, seriousness is overrated, melodrama is comedy.

"I fear that one day zeppy will end up hanging himself by his wang from the ceiling fan out of despair for his wasted life" - a concerned citizen

If your only tool's a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Ted Roosevelt

Every time I visit the Staff Forums, it's a new lesson in dysfunction - VE

"Bacteria is a secular attempt to explain away evil"

"Human life is a sexually transmitted disease."

Mike Myers.
    Eliza leaned out of the carriage and put out her hand,-a hand as soft and beautiful as was given in return. She fixed her large, dark eyes, full of earnest meaning, on Mrs. Bird's face, and seemed going to speak. Her lips moved,-she tried once or twice, but there was no sound,-and pointing upward, with a look never to be forgotten, she fell back in the seat, and covered her face. The door was shut, and the carriage drove on.-Harriet Beecher Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin

See, this is what happens when you let uneducated people become famous and then give them a platform to be a dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango
    See, this is what happens when you let uneducated people become famous and then give them a platform to be a dipshit.
    Not to be rude or anything, but that seems like a pretty arrogant statement to me. Would you care to explain your reasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mullenkamp
    Not to be rude or anything, but that seems like a pretty arrogant statement to me. Would you care to explain your reasoning?

He's a college drop out, his debut album's name celebrated it. That and people with a college education tend to know when to keep their trap shut more often then those who don't.

At least kayne west has the balls to citicize the fucktastic response our government has given. He may have been nervous, and rambled alot, but at least he had the courage to do it.

EDIT: You don't have a college education either.

<&Vorpy> hey have you seen this video: http://notareallink.whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Devillion
    At least kayne west has the balls to citicize the fucktastic response our government has given. He may have been nervous, and rambled alot, but at least he had the courage to do it.

EDIT: You don't have a college education either.

Having the 'balls' to criticize the government doesn't mean anything. Everyone and their sister's nutsack criticizes the Bush administration on everything. And I'm in the process of getting a college education, so don't spout off about my educational status when you have no idea what you're talking about.

"Poteaux de M. Heavyfoot sur l'Internet" BlueMageOne's Avatar
    He was angry and had a reason for it. I think "The Bush Adminastration doesn't care about poor people" would have been a whole lot more accurate.
    Change background to blue for best results.

He's a college drop out, his debut album's name celebrated it. That and people with a college education tend to know when to keep their trap shut more often then those who don't.
    That means he has a high school education right? Just because someone drops out of college doesn't mean their uneducated. Having a high school diploma, I believe, is proof that you can at least retain enough knowledge to function in society, and certainly makes you relatively educated. I'm sure there are probably intelligent college dropouts and intelligent folks who weren't able, or really had any interest in going to college.

Also, I'll admit that his platform for voicing his opinion could be debated, but having a college education doesn't exactly mean you "know when to keep your trap shut" any more than someone who didn't, does it?

Then again, I'm more of the hapless, hopeful, optimist type. Seriously though, I don't think a college degree is really such a incredibly bold mark on one's range of intelligence that being a college dropout should be used to look down upon someone's intelligence. I think were getting a bit off subject.
    Last edited by Mullenkamp; 09-04-2005 at 10:59 PM.

"Poteaux de M. Heavyfoot sur l'Internet" BlueMageOne's Avatar
    The statement really didn't help anyone, we can blame people about why aid hasn't gotten to New Orleans yet but pointing fingers or patting each other on the back isn't going to help the people who are without homes, doctors, food, or water there.
    Change background to blue for best results.

My avatar keeps changing and I don't know why.
    Ori, I think you're the last person here who should be insulting someone for being uneducated. going to college doesn't throw you straight into the "educated" bracket just like going for voice lessons doesn't toss you into the category of "voice actors." I think you'll know what i mean.
    The man was obviously pissed and nervous. I'd like to see you go on live TV and not completely fuck up what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMageOne
    He was angry and had a reason for it. I think "The Bush Adminastration doesn't care about poor people" would have been a whole lot more accurate.
    Thank you.

Free RPGC. Ban Everyone. Kaiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullenkamp
    Don't you just LOVE Kanye West?
    Well, I wouldn't go THAT far, but yeah, I think his music's all right...
    "If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."
    "It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns....and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"
    The Greatest Post Of All Time

The new face-eating monster of RPGC Kraken's Avatar
    I've seen that facial expression before.

I beleive it's called "Tilt"
    postcount++;

First Law of Software: Software expands to fill storage.
    First Law of Economics: Costs expand to fill income.
    First Law of Newton: Reactions expand to fill action.

"What is hateful to you, do not do to others. The rest is commentary."
    --Rabbi Hillel, summarizing the teachings of Judaism to a heathen (paraphrased). He then went on to inspire a totally awesome matza and horseradish sandwich.

[11:04:38] <@]> with my ops @ sign, my nick looks like a cyclops
    [11:04:43] <`> heh
    [11:04:46] <@]> hay guys sup in heer?
    [11:04:49] <`> type "==="
    [11:04:54] <@]> ===
    [11:04:55] <`> eyebeams
    [11:04:58] <@]> XD

I really don't like Kanye West. He spouts off with rhetoric like this about how the government doesn't like black people, or poor people or whatever both in the media and his music. In fact, he does it in his music so much that it really robs it of any real value in listening to it. I already know what he's gonna say. Not to mention he's a horrible rapper. I doubt any of you have seen it, but he was on some MTV free style show a few weeks ago and did horribly.
    Still, to adorn his humble youth,
    Nor wealth nor birth their treasures yield;
    But he who seeks the flowers of truth,
    Must quit the garden for the field.

That and people with a college education tend to know when to keep their trap shut more often then those who don't.
    I disagree that that's a good thing. What one needs to be able to do is express oneself coherently and be able to back it up when one does.
    It's no measure of health to be well adapted to a profoundly sick society
    Too much angst sucks, seriousness is overrated, melodrama is comedy.

"I fear that one day zeppy will end up hanging himself by his wang from the ceiling fan out of despair for his wasted life" - a concerned citizen

If your only tool's a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Ted Roosevelt

Every time I visit the Staff Forums, it's a new lesson in dysfunction - VE

"Bacteria is a secular attempt to explain away evil"

"Human life is a sexually transmitted disease."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    Well, I wouldn't go THAT far, but yeah, I think his music's all right...
    His song "Jesus Walks," used in the Jarhead trailer, is actually pretty cool, it's got this cool background vocal thing going on.

That and people with a college education tend to know when to keep their trap shut more often then those who don't.
    anyone who's attended a grad class could easily tell you that this certainly isn't the case, and in fact may be the exact opposite.

A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

Jesus Walks is fantastic, as is Diamonds (i believe thats the title).

<&Vorpy> hey have you seen this video: http://notareallink.whatever

Diamonds are Forever (from Sierra Leone)

Did he really do that badly at free styling, Sorc? Not like it really matters, he doesn't freestyle on his songs does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    ...anyone who's attended a grad class could easily tell you that this certainly isn't the case, and in fact may be the exact opposite.
    This reminds me of something we say at work rather often - more education can be an extremely dangerous thing. :D

Yeah, he didn't really do all that well. And no, he doesn't freestyle in his songs, but that's a great measure of how good a lyricist a rapper really is, how well they come up with material.
    Still, to adorn his humble youth,
    Nor wealth nor birth their treasures yield;
    But he who seeks the flowers of truth,
    Must quit the garden for the field.

Quote Originally Posted by VickiMints
    This reminds me of something we say at work rather often - more education can be an extremely dangerous thing. :D
    It sure is Vicki. It sure is. *scene wipe*

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    Yeah, he didn't really do all that well. And no, he doesn't freestyle in his songs, but that's a great measure of how good a lyricist a rapper really is, how well they come up with material.
    Oh I beg to differ sir. While I don't know rap as well as the next person, my experience in other performance fields leads me to suspect that being able to come up with material on-the-fly isn't a particular prerequisite for being good at it. Like, with comedy, I've found that sketch or stand-up is much better than improv comedy. That being said, I can't really evaluate Kanye because I only know one song. But it sounds like he at least can't improv well :P

A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

Thread Information