Thread: FF9 Leveling Up

FF9 Leveling Up

I'm replaying Final Fantasy IX(for like the 7th time) and I still haven't beaten Ozma...is there a faster way of leveling up than getting killed every 5 minutes than those Yans?

Criminal Caterpillar Danryd6677's Avatar
    I fought the monster in Memoria, and I reach to 80-90 Level, I spent hours there leveling up. I did this the fist time I played it and never heard Ozma before, I eventually find him and he beat me. I never got into a fight with him after that. Now, I finished the game for the third time and only try fighting Ozma once, he defeated me. FUCK HIM!!!

Oh, And BTW: I heard there's a monster on the Olivia (I think, it's a castle) Where you fight to a kinda mirror monster, he gives you decent EXP, and it's easy to defeat.
    How Do You Keep An Idiot Busy...?

Reading This Sig.........

I think you mean Oeilvert. You can't go there in Disc 4.
    This is preposterous! Am I to assault the undead with nothing but sticks and harsh language?

Oeilvert, and that's closed off now, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral
    I don't get why it is most people think they can't have decent conversations with me. Do I sound like Conan the barbarian on the boards "URgh ARgh, EERRAAGHH Moo"?
    Hello, All! Don't forget this thread is here!

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
    GG Crono 4: For anything.
    GG Crono 4: Ever.
    GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
    GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"
    GG Crono 4: "Tampax: Aim For The Crotch!"

Criminal Caterpillar Danryd6677's Avatar
    Yeah. yeah... Weird name...

You can't reach to it? Huh, I never tried before...
    How Do You Keep An Idiot Busy...?

Reading This Sig.........

Are you ready... Let's rock! Heaven's Soldier's Avatar
    I don't know any decent place to level, but good planing, and preperation, can beat that bastard Ozma.

Because the last time I managed to beat him, I was not that high, in terms of levels. But still had enough hard hitting moves, and effective armour to beat him, with a little work of course.
    He returns, like a phoenix, rising from the ashes...

...with DRILLS everywhere!

Advice: BRING EIKO! The Double White Trance and the Rebirth Flame saved my ass so much in that fight that I could build a shrine for the girl.
    Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?! - The Protagonist. Baldur's Gate I

Pokey
    That trick in Oeilvert isn't exactly that helpful, really. All it does is call an unlimited supply of enemies that could very well kill your team members each time, resulting in a lot of reviving. And you can't use magic, so that's a lot of valuable money wasted on Phoenix Down.

What I would suggest is to head for the outsides of Daguerro and cast LV5 Death on the Grand Dragon enemies you'll find there. It's very easy EXP, and 3 AP a battle. And if you find a Gimme Cat, that's 0 EXP (8( ), yet still, 3 AP. Equip everyone with Level Up and Ability Up and you're laughing.

ENGINEER DO YOU SPEAK IT Mabatsekker's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
    What I would suggest is to head for the outsides of Daguerro and cast LV5 Death on the Grand Dragon enemies you'll find there. It's very easy EXP, and 3 AP a battle. And if you find a Gimme Cat, that's 0 EXP (8( ), yet still, 3 AP. Equip everyone with Level Up and Ability Up and you're laughing.
    Meh, go to the ledge from Gizamaluke's Grotto where the moogles warn you about going up. You'll find Grand Dragons up there more oftne than not; And no annoying cats there either. My level for beating Ozma? Zidane 70, rest 40-50ish

A member of the Eternal Order of Azure Lorists, Mages, Manipulators, Beastmasters and Wizards.

Actually that mirror creature, can only make like three copies, I think. So after they are dead, it can't really do anything.

Hexplosive Personality BahamutXero's Avatar
    I actually did most of my leveling with Grand Dragons. You fought them almost every battle outside the cave where you can feed the Moogles.
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

You can also find them in the random islands on the south-west area of the map (Where Daguerreo and Chocobo's lagoon are). If the still aren't enough try to kill one or two of your characters so you get more EXP.
    Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?! - The Protagonist. Baldur's Gate I

Originally posted by BahamutXero
    I actually did most of my leveling with Grand Dragons. You fought them almost every battle outside the cave where you can feed the Moogles.

If I remember right, you fight them every battle, up there. As long as you are not walking in the forest, then it is the Garudas.

Thread Information