View Full Version : 64 DD Emulation thread.
08-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Discusson is open!
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
please release a dump tool;)
08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
please release a dump tool;)
That shouldn't really be a big challenge.
A v64jr would be more than sufficient for that purpouse.
08-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Directly taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64DD , the list of "proposed" games.
The Nintendo 64DD had several games announced for it that ended up either cancelled or being released on cartridge format only, the following is a list of those games:[dead link]
* 7th Legion
* Automobili Lamborghini Add-On
* Banjo-Kazooie 2 (released in cartridge as Banjo-Tooie)
* DD Sequencer
* Desert Island: No Man's Island
* Dezaemon DD
* Digital Horse Racing Newspaper
* Doubutsu Banchou (Animal Leader, released on GameCube as Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest)
* Dragon Warrior VII (ported and released on the Sony PlayStation instead)
* Final Fantasy VII (moved to and released for the PlayStation)
* Fire Emblem 64
* Gendai Dai-Senryaku: Ultimate War
* Hybrid Heaven (released in cartridge)
* Jungle Emperor Leo (Kimba the White Lion)
* Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (released in cartridge and moved to Nintendo 64)
* Mario Artist: Game Maker
* Mario Artist: Graphical Message Maker
* Mario Artist: Sound Maker
* Mario Artist: Video Jockey Maker
* Mission: Impossible (released in cartridge)
* Mission: Impossible 64DD
* Morita Shogi 64 (released in cartridge)
* Mother 3 (EarthBound 64) (cancelled, it became a Game Boy Advance title of the same name)
* Mother 3.5 (EarthBound 64 Add-On)
* Ogre Battle Saga
* Pokémon 64/Pokémon RPG
* Pokémon Stadium (moved to Nintendo 64 cartridge)
* Pokémon Stadium Expansion Disk
* Pokémon Stadium 2 (also moved to Nintendo 64 catridge)
* Project Cairo
* Quest 64 Add-On
* Rev Limit
* SimCopter 64 (Released on PC)
* SnowSpeeder (Released in cartridge)
* Super Mario 64 2
* Super Mario RPG 2 (released in cartridge as Mario Story in Japan and Paper Mario in the rest of the world)
* Unreal (developed by DMA Design)
* Tonic Trouble Add-On
* Toukon Road: Brave Spirits Add-On
* Twelve Tales: Conker 64 (released in cartridge as Conker's Bad Fur Day)
* Wall Street
* Ultra Donkey Kong (released in cartridge as Donkey Kong 64)
* Ura Zelda (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest), the expansion disk to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (released on GameCube)
* Yosuke Ide's Mahjong Juku
* Zelda 64 (released in cartridge as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
* Zelda Gaiden (later released in cartridge as The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Any comments, ideas, hints to get us closer to them are welcomed! The hunt is open!
08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ogre Battle Saga was converted into Person of Lordly Caliber (aka Ogre Battle 64) since I recall that game coming out by the end of the N64's lifetime.
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Okay, here's what I think is going to be the rundown:
Now, I'm no emulator developer, but given the capabilities of today's N64 emulators (PJ64 being a good example), I don't think that accurate 64DD emulation would be very difficult to achieve. The main difficulties that we'd need to overcome would be finding a DD Dev Kit/Regular DD (I assume a Dev Kit would be easier to take data from) and figuring out just how to emulate it. We'd also need to dump some DD games, if anyone is up to the task. I've heard it's been done before.
Lastly, we'd have to make the emulator itself. Over time, we could add several features to it, such as DD Mouse/Keyboard emulation. We could possibly also simulate DD disks and N64 cartridges running at once (a la F-Zero Expansion Pack).
This'll take some work, but it's definitely possible, given the circumstances.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.